Fuel pressure gauge w/adrenaline

Diesel Inside

I know you have to buy the extra $90ish dollar fuel psi kit to get use the gauge on the pulse monitor but I worry about accuracy compared to a mechanical gauge. Have you guys had luck with the pulse readings from fuel pressure and the other vitals as a matter of fact?

Also heard that boost reading over 35lbs can get inaccurate with the pulse? Is this true cause I might be looking for another tuning route if I have to buy gauges anyway.

I have the Pulse, the gauges are crap. None of them are really accurate, I added a fuel pressure gauge because the Pulse was all over the place. I will eventually get a full set of real gauges.

The only reason I have the Pulse is for the "custom tuning".

Thanks man, I just dont know what to do. Are the defuel settings and stuff good too? I am talking about the alarms and stuff so you know when to back out or when the box is defueling to save the turbo?

I have the Pulse, the gauges are crap. None of them are really accurate, I added a fuel pressure gauge because the Pulse was all over the place. I will eventually get a full set of real gauges.

The only reason I have the Pulse is for the "custom tuning".

Agreed! I bought mine with the FP setup because it came with it, had no problems what so ever. Couple months ago I upgraded to the PV2 and I've had FP issues since. First, it wouldn't read over 17psi...they sent me a email update..fixed that.

Last saturday I was an hour away from home...it was 11PM...I stopped to fill up my truck. Pumped $92 in my tank..jumped in..start truck..2PSI:soap::soap::soap:

I was NOT happy...debated parking the truck and getting a ride or turning box to PL 0 and chancing it. Said $&@! it and turned box off and headed home...1.5 mi down the road FP went back to normal.

I'm going to start converting to mechanical gauges....debating on trading my PV2 to someone with a POD & some gauges...but I like the custom tuning ability and defuel settings so I will just start saving.

Damn man I almost had my mind made up to go with the adr and gauges. So if it was just reading 2psi you were prob still making more and the pulse was just reading wrong??

And you can get the 3 pod setup for about 400 so I dont know if I should just trying and find a drag comp from someone. What do they run new?

Damn man I almost had my mind made up to go with the adr and gauges. So if it was just reading 2psi you were prob still making more and the pulse was just reading wrong??

And you can get the 3 pod setup for about 400 so I dont know if I should just trying and find a drag comp from someone. What do they run new?

I would just look for a used Adrenaline w/Pulse V1 or V2 and then get a mechanical FP for starters. You can use a boost gauge for a FP gauge, just use GOOD sealant on the threads. My FP gauge in my puller goes directly off the inlet to the ppump to a 60psi autometer boost gauge on my steering column. Everything else seems to measure decently, but I spent the last 9 years using analog gauges...old habits are hard to break. Oh..turbo timer...I'm VERY spoiled with the turbo timer. :rockwoot:

As for the gauges... I have my sources :evil

EDIT: Oh btw my 99 had a Edge Juice when I got it albeit, not a hot unlocked Juice, but I sold it and bought a Quad Adrenaline because I was not happy with the lack of bottom end power with the Edge hauling my puller. Got my Quad installed and HOLY $HIT! :eek: I will never buy another Edge box again!

Last edited:
I would just look for a used Adrenaline w/Pulse V1 or V2 and then get a mechanical FP for starters. You can use a boost gauge for a FP gauge, just use GOOD sealant on the threads. My FP gauge in my puller goes directly off the inlet to the ppump to a 60psi autometer boost gauge on my steering column. Everything else seems to measure decently, but I spent the last 9 years using analog gauges...old habits are hard to break. Oh..turbo timer...I'm VERY spoiled with the turbo timer. :rockwoot:

As for the gauges... I have my sources :evil

EDIT: Oh btw my 99 had a Edge Juice when I got it albeit, not a hot unlocked Juice, but I sold it and bought a Quad Adrenaline because I was not happy with the lack of bottom end power with the Edge hauling my puller. Got my Quad installed and HOLY $HIT! :eek: I will never buy another Edge box again!

Well spead the love with your gauge sources ha. And I will prob get the quad and see how I like it and might go with the other gauges too since the quad is so much cheaper anyway.

Last edited:
Well spead the love with your gauge sources ha. And I will prob get the quad and see how I like it and might go with the other gauges too since the quad is so much cheaper anyway.

With the quadzilla you need the Pulse to custom tune, set the high idle & turbo timer.

The turbo timer is nice, and the high idle. IIRC the turbo timer doesn't work with the beta tunes though, which is pretty lame because thats when you really need it.

Like when your pulling, right after your done you wanna get back to the track and watch your buddies, but you don't wanna just let it idle or shut it down.

Ya I have the same problem. Some days it will read consistent 17-19psi. Other days it will fluctuate between 2-20 psi.
You can adjust the gauge on the pulse, which I think makes it more of an inaccurate measure of fuel pressure...

I think im going to get some mechanical gauges too, or at least just fuel pressure

The turbo timer is nice, and the high idle. IIRC the turbo timer doesn't work with the beta tunes though, which is pretty lame because thats when you really need it.

Like when your pulling, right after your done you wanna get back to the track and watch your buddies, but you don't wanna just let it idle or shut it down.

All I run are beta tunes and my hi-idle and turbo timer work just fine? :what:

Ya I have the same problem. Some days it will read consistent 17-19psi. Other days it will fluctuate between 2-20 psi.
You can adjust the gauge on the pulse, which I think makes it more of an inaccurate measure of fuel pressure...

I think im going to get some mechanical gauges too, or at least just fuel pressure

I'm DEFINATELY going to a mechanical pressure gauge....I was up a little late last night looking at gauges and found a Glowshift FP gauge for 1/2 price FROM Glowshift themselves on Ebay....I bought it @ a buy it now price and paid for it...then this morning it dawned on me....that gauge still uses a electronic sending unit!:nail::doh: Oh well got a buddy who says he will pay me what I paid for it.

I have a mechanical autometer with the isolator. I would strongly suggest an isolator on any fuel kit. I don't trust having fuel in the cab of the truck. Too muck of a chance for a big mess. Summit used to sell the isolator by itself. I suppose if you insist on a fuel line in the cab. Put some sort of tiny orifice in the line before it goes in the cab. That way if you do get a leak it will not be able to pump a lot of volume in the cab.

Last edited:
wats a good fuel pressure gauge

A cheap boost gauge will do the same thing as a "fuel pressure" gauge.

I'm currently running a cheap SunPro Boost/Vaccum gauge from Auto Zone in my 99 that I setup when my Quadzilla FP started going crazy. On my pulling truck I have a 0-60psi Boost gauge as my FP gauge. Yes I do run fuel all the way to the cab, but I've done this in the past and I did have a small leak once and I smelled it very quickly and just closed my needle valve under the hood until I could repair it. No problems since then.

A cheap boost gauge will do the same thing as a "fuel pressure" gauge.

I'm currently running a cheap SunPro Boost/Vaccum gauge from Auto Zone in my 99 that I setup when my Quadzilla FP started going crazy. On my pulling truck I have a 0-60psi Boost gauge as my FP gauge. Yes I do run fuel all the way to the cab, but I've done this in the past and I did have a small leak once and I smelled it very quickly and just closed my needle valve under the hood until I could repair it. No problems since then.

I think thats what I am going to do, its the best way to get a real fp reading....

Last edited:
I think thats what I am going to do, its the best way to get a real fp reading....

Two pieces of advice offered by a very knowledgeable guy on TDR a few years back.

Go to a local parts house and buy some length of 1/4" air brake hose and run your 1/8" boost/fuel hose for the gauge through to act as a sheild from sharp or rough edges.

Secondly, also at the parts house get a tube of Permatex #2 and use it on any and all threaded connections. Takes like 20-30 minutes to cure enough to run the truck, but it will hold up against diesel fuel and won't leak.

Two pieces of advice offered by a very knowledgeable guy on TDR a few years back.

Go to a local parts house and buy some length of 1/4" air brake hose and run your 1/8" boost/fuel hose for the gauge through to act as a sheild from sharp or rough edges.

Secondly, also at the parts house get a tube of Permatex #2 and use it on any and all threaded connections. Takes like 20-30 minutes to cure enough to run the truck, but it will hold up against diesel fuel and won't leak.

Ok thanks, I was going to ask for some tips :clap:

Last edited: