Fuel pressure issue

MOPSD250

Ok I have an airdog 150 running into a raptor 100. Have changed the filters on the AD. My problem is I'm not even WOT and I'm dropping fuel pressure 10-15 lbs. At idle I see 55lbs. I talked to the tech at AD (which was worthless IMO) He said try switching the pumps around. run the Raptor into the AD. He said the AD is a free flowing unit and by me running the AD into the Raptor maybe causing my FP issue. What do you guys think?

Why do you have two fuel pumps on there? A single airdog 165 on mine with 500cc of fuel and 7x12 injectors never came off the 30psi peg on a 215 pump.

Was about to ask the same thing. I would try the AD150 by itself

I would not be running 2 pump a for sure thats just double the
Headache. If you can't get either one to work I'm selling a fass the moves 260gph at 55psi.

I have seen that set up before on here on someone else truck but I cant remember who. If I remember he hasnt had and problem with the set up. How do you have the pumps wired in?

Last edited:
Why do you have two fuel pumps on there? A single airdog 165 on mine with 500cc of fuel and 7x12 injectors never came off the 30psi peg on a 215 pump.

Im running two pumps because I used to have a 6.0.The original pump took a **** on me. They were there so I left them. Worked ok with my 12V in there. I ran a 12V for a year and then this year I put in a P-pump 24V.

I have seen that set up before on here on someone else truck but I cant remember who. If I remember he hasnt had and problem with the set up. How do you have the pumps wired in?

Have the Raptor wired to the key and the AD wired to the battery through a toggle

did you buy the AD 150 for the powerstroke? if so your pressures are probably set way too low i just googled the one for the 6.0 and found its only set at like 10 psi. if i read it correctly the AD II versions have a higher pressure.

Last edited:
did you buy the AD 150 for the powerstroke? if so your pressures are probably set way too low i just googled the one for the 6.0 and found its only set at like 10 psi. if i read it correctly the AD II versions have a higher pressure.

Yes I did buy the AD for the powerstroke. And you are right its only set for 10psi. Maybe that is where the problem is forgot about that. Cant you change the spring out in them?

My buddy did a ppump conversion on his 24v. He's running a fass lift pump, when he did the conversion fass sent him all the hardware to change his lift pump set up. I don't see why you couldn't do the same with air dog

Yes I did buy the AD for the powerstroke. And you are right its only set for 10psi. Maybe that is where the problem is forgot about that. Cant you change the spring out in them?

Yes, change to the 55psi spring set, I just did this to my AD165, made a huge difference. The guys at AD were pretty knowledgeable, who did you talk to?

I would get rid of the Raptor and just run the 150 setup correctly for the pressure you need. Dual feed the p-pump if you still need more.

I run a OFV070HP from Tork Teknology, awesome product and it's cheap.

It made a day and night difference on my truck, feel much stronger now, best mod I've done on my fuel system so far.

It keep's the fuel pressure in the 50 PSI range now, all the time, very happy with it !

Have a look : http://www.torkteknology.com/brands/Tork-Tek.html

I run a OFV070HP from Tork Teknology, awesome product and it's cheap.

It made a day and night difference on my truck, feel much stronger now, best mod I've done on my fuel system so far.

It keep's the fuel pressure in the 50 PSI range now, all the time, very happy with it !

Have a look : http://www.torkteknology.com/brands/Tork-Tek.html

I only see the 75hp, is this an update to the 70hp one?

if you want to run to pumps run them in parrellel not series

this would be helpful, however the biggest item is to determine the regulated pressure of the AD in the setup.... because in parallel if it's regulated differently than the raptor issues may arise

this would be helpful, however the biggest item is to determine the regulated pressure of the AD in the setup.... because in parallel if it's regulated differently than the raptor issues may arise

i agree with that! the two i run in parellel i do have a check valve in front of the lower pressure pump but i totally forgot to mention it!