Fuel pressure issue

FionaThe02PSD

Hammer down!
Well we got the updated spring kit from FASS and we are still only seeing 52 PSI at idle. FASS claims that it is the regulators fighting each other and that there is not a higher pressure spring kit available. I have the reuglated return on the engine wide open so I don't think that it is an issue there. Any ideas on how to proceed or who to talk to?

P.S. The shop that is helping me with this is fantastic, they just aren't getting any help from FASS so I thought I would post this up on some sites.

We are also going to hook up a manual guage and check the pressure at WOT.

Could this cause it to be a laggy pig down low? Once the turbo lites, hang on but down low it's a smoky pig...

Update: The spring in the "Updated" spring kit from FASS was broken in half!! We repositioned the inlet tube and put the new spring in and now have 60-64 PSI at WOT!!

The lag issue was partially solved by moving the map line to the IC tube. I am also learning to drive it differently than the other setup I had..

Now to just drive it for a while would be nice!!

I just ordered a FASS from DI for the regulated return and sump system. This is the first time I have heard about a problem with the FASS. Where can I read more?

DZ

There have been a couple of threads on TDS (Some by me) and I believe one by someone else.

First: the unit arrived with the wrong spring. (Only 40PSI at idle)
Second: 60-64 PSI and then the New spring was found snapped in half.
Third: Fuel pump started popping fuses (Shorted pump)

Should be back together this afternoon and hopefully fourth will be: Has run awesome for the last 200K....

The shop that installed this has been fantastic and on top of the situation at all times, just luck of the draw I guess. I went with the FASS because I too had not heard anything but great comments on it. Like I said, "Hopefully this was just a fluke"..