fuel pressure

gunracer1

what is the volume of fuel needed to do a dyno run. i have had great luck with the stock fuel system on 12vs, but this even blew me away.
1199 uncorrected with 7x.013's, .084 lines, 4" exhaust, under 75lbs of boost,and a stock 12 valve lift pump(forgot to turn on the FASS). Who'd of thunk it
and i am in know way dogging on ron. i think it is great run but all these prople saying you need 45 psi minimum, really have me wondering. i have seen some bad trucks with a crappy electric pusher pumps make some hp.

when i had twins i should have been 700+ but i made 420/1002 with only 8 psi fuel stock lp. switched to the ad 150 at 30psi, made 643/1352, went to 50psi and 712/1469

You also have to remember that Ron has a built pump with a cam profile that provides more time to fill the plunger vs. a traditional pump cam.

Also, I though Ron A made 890 or 940 or something like that without the FASS, and the big 1200 HP run was with the secondary lift pump.

All I know is that my 95' Junker Drag Truck with non-benched, non-maxed barrel 160 pump picked up 83 HP average throughout the back-to-back 1/4 mile runs by adding a pusher electric pump to feed the stock lift pump. I actually use my switched electric fuel pump as a sort of valet switch. When I'm putting around town and want to stay safe and sane, I leave the lift pump off because power quickly drops above 2500 rpm. When I want to have some higher RPM and higher HP fun, I kick on the electric lift pump switch. My factory lift pump has 2-3000K miles on it, I bought it new from Snedge.

Last edited:
Also, I though Ron A made 890 or 940 or something like that without the FASS, and the big 1200 HP run was with the secondary lift pump.

Big number with the FASS off, what you speak of is the convertor unlocked.

Big number with the FASS off, what you speak of is the convertor unlocked.

You guys are correct, I was mistaken. I reread the thread and you're absolutely right, the lower HP ran was with the converter unlocked.

That must be some stock lift pump Ron's running !!! :cheer:

I'm waiting for someone to build a larger displacement stock pump with a stronger internal spring that will "outflow" the electric powered competition.

You guys are correct, I was mistaken. I reread the thread and you're absolutely right, the lower HP ran was with the converter unlocked.

That must be some stock lift pump Ron's running !!! :cheer:

I'm waiting for someone to build a larger displacement stock pump with a stronger internal spring that will "outflow" the electric powered competition.

And cheaper!