Fuel problem, with FASS 150/180

03powerstroke35

I am haveing aproblem maintaning fuel pressure after (short) full throttle runs my fuel pressure will read about 5psi why? Is this a problem with the pump. I have it wired directly to the battery on a fusable link on a toggle switch in the cab.

CUrrent mods.

205 inj
regulated return set@60psi
built suncoast with 2200 stall
intercooler
studs
intake
exhaust
sct

What pressure are you seeing during normal driving and at idle? If you have the 60# spring, you should see around 60 pounds. I have the 150/180 and I have a regulated return kit that is not on the truck yet. Dan at FASS isn't crazy about running a regulated return system with the FASS. From what I've read, the regulator and the FASS start fighting each other. Maybe try backing the rgulator down to 55 psi that way the FASS is returning 5 psi over the regulaor. Dan suggests using a check valve with the FASS instead of the regulator. He may chime in here and provide better info and he will help you in any way he can. He is top notch when it comes to customer service and tech support. You may also try caling the dealer you bought it from and see if they have any suggestions

Dont have a guage in the cab yet, i have been pulling off the road to check the pressure on the regulator guage, at idle seeeing 60psi

How did you measure for the bottom of the tank? If the fuel gets away from it. It will suck air.

Open the fuel door when it says 5psi. Is it purging straight back to the tank?

Right....make sure you have return fuel going back to the tank via the FASS return line.

I don’t like return regulator systems with our pumps....mainly they are a mess to setup and folks just don’t understand why the importance of setting it up correctly...and they will work when not set up right....well sorta...you will get erratic pump operation and pressure issues.

My PSA for the return regulator systems:

Use a flow control valve in place of the regulator.
flowcontrolfc.jpg

This will allow a constant flow back to the tank no matter what pressure is fed to it. AND its tunable to set resistance. I would suggest an inline check valve to check the flow when the system and engine are shut off.
checkvalves_block.png

This will give our system enough of a dead head to build pressure and bleed off the excess flow back to the tank, thus allowing proper operation. If you dont have return fuel coming from the FASS, you will have issues. And the above will resolve your issues. I have a few dealers looking to build a kit for PDS using the above just for the FASS....i will break word if any of them actually release one. For now...you can retro fit pretty easy.