Fuel Question?

white06lbz

My friend has 98 24v, just installed stage 3 jammer nozzles, runs good but when in park and revving up the engine the motor pops and blows white smoke; will a box or a pusher pump correct the problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Does he have a fuel pressure gauge, if so what does he have? Does he have the stock lift pump, If so with those tips he is going to need some more fuel.

It's possible the truck needs more fuel cause of a crappy lift pump but it also might be a problem with the pop off pressure's on those jammer tips.

check first and foremost the fuel pressure like these guys said, but see if you can borrow a smarty or other obd-II scanner and check the codes.

does he have any problems when driving down the road where he loses throttle response and it takes a second to come back? mine used to pop and miss like crazy and pour white smoke when revving and it was because of a bad injection pump. sometimes when i would first start it and go down the road it would hesitate to the point i was scared to pull out into traffic.

No problems while driving, He said he is going to order a box and a pusher pump.

He needs gauges bad, if he doesn't have any at least a fuel pressure and a pyro, these trucks i/p need good fuel pressure. I would get the pusher and gauges first, then worry about the box. He will need both to not kill the i/p and to not melt down his turbo.