fuel rail so hot you cant even touch it?

J-DUB

why is the inlet coming from the cp3's so hot i cant touch it? I was putting her all back together got her fired up and i come around to check for leaks and the inlet on the rail was smoking i guess it was burning oil and grease off it but it will burn the shat out of you if you touch it does anyone know if this is normal ive never payed any attention to if has been always like that and i just never noticed but.

PV=nRT

P=pressure
V=volume

T=Temp and it's proportional to pressure. The rail sees 25k+ psi.

why is the inlet coming from the cp3's so hot i cant touch it? I was putting her all back together got her fired up and i come around to check for leaks and the inlet on the rail was smoking i guess it was burning oil and grease off it but it will burn the shat out of you if you touch it does anyone know if this is normal ive never payed any attention to if has been always like that and i just never noticed but.

At idle 135* Rail temp with 75* ambient, Check lift for at least 1.25 GPM and at 2 GPM for HP Pumps Minimum. If the LV is leaking a small amount it will burn you to touch so BC.

When mine had a high rail pressure issue i had the same thing happen to my rail, in less than 15 seconds it would be smoking from the heat. You have high rail pressure, it should throw a code though, do you have any codes?

no codes its on smarty level 3. i will have my buddy bring his snap on computer over and check rail pressure and let yall know. thanks for the info