fuel return line on back of head.....

nrussell

Does anyone know the part #'s for the banjo AND washers that hold this fuel return line to back of head? Mine is leaking and i need to fix it. Local Dodge dealer can't seem to "find" what i am looking for. Thanks for your help!

PM to Snedge. He'll get genuine Cummins parts to you ASAP.

what size is that? I am going to change mine to ss lines and need to buy a fitting for there

The banjo bolt is also a check valve.

The check valve is #3957290
the washers are 3963983 and 3963988. Two different ones back there.
If it is leaking, it needs fixed asap.
I would advise you to pull the line off and inspect it for cracks and such.

what size is that? I am going to change mine to ss lines and need to buy a fitting for there

Use the Cummins banjo bolt and a Banjo hose end. The 12mm end is the 1 you want and the bolt pitch does not matter as it is not used. Either of these part #'s work. 807692 807691

http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php?shop=&&dept=Fuel!_Adapter

picture.php

Use the Cummins banjo bolt and a Banjo hose end. The 12mm end is the 1 you want and the bolt pitch does not matter as it is not used. Either of these part #'s work. 807692 807691

http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php?shop=&&dept=Fuel!_Adapter

picture.php

can you tell more about the rail on the side that your returns are going to. Also, is the plan to come off the back of that rail to return to the tank or is there even a return to the tank ? Where is that line from the back of the head going ?

That was a mock up and it has changed. I originally had a relief valve that was plumbed in also. The Magnafuel manifold block is the return rail. Now that rear line ties directly into that rail with both Cp-3's and goes back to the tank with a 6an. line. I actually have 2 return lines as my belt drive pump was overwhelming the 6an return so I ran a 8an line off the pump regulator.

that is cool. I like the dedicated return rail idea. I have my returns T'ed together at the pumps. I always though there might be more back psi than there should be using the stock line to the tank. That would definitely eliminate that.

Do you happen to have any pics of your existing setup? Thanks so much

The banjo bolt is also a check valve.

The check valve is #3957290
the washers are 3963983 and 3963988. Two different ones back there.
If it is leaking, it needs fixed asap.
I would advise you to pull the line off and inspect it for cracks and such.
Hey Snedge
Do you know the part# for the hard return fuel line off back of head?
Thanks Bro!

I sure like the look of your engine there sinner,, do you have any more pics of that fuel system?