fueling box

Thanks for the replys guys. Looks like I will be going with FMS this time around. Going to do the fuel system in the next few months and slowly work on the rest.

Y run a box that some people have problems and some dont. Compaired to a box that no has had problems with?

I never really had any issues, and the truck made more power than a truck with the exact same mods with a edge comp/redline stack.

Y run a box that some people have problems and some dont. Compaired to a box that no has had problems with?

Because the Quadzilla can be a great running, highly tunable, and affordable box. A lot of the problems people have with the quad seem to stem from an inability or unwillingness to take the time to adjust the settings to match their needs.

Fwiw
I just recently installed a quad adrenaline box on a friends truck (I got in trade from a member here). He loves It , no problems great adjustability and mileage gains . This is an older man that uses the truck for towing , owns his own company. Usually loaded with a bobcat + trailer (10-12k - big trailer) and the truck is loaded with tools and other stuff for the Job.
No complaints from him, I'm happy he's happy .

i ran a redline smarty stack for a while, wasnt street mannered at all...then switched it to the FMS and smarty, thats what i'm still running with a bigger charger and injectors....very street-able, little smoke and what smoke is there clears up quick...i tow heavy with my truck as well and am running a nv4500. have plenty of power for me

I noticed with my auto truck running the redline if I turn down the fuel to 25% you can run it on the street without cutting out.

Thats what i want to stay away from is the stutter. The 3 truck's around here running Quad boxes stutter and surge. I'm looking for more smooth power since this will be my tow pig/DD.

You can custom tune that problem away with a Pulse Monitor on a Quadzilla.

I had a Edge Juice on my 99 Auto, sold it bought a Quadzilla and I will NEVER own another Edge box again if I am unfortinate enough to own a VP truck. LOL

Andy why no look at a small set of injectors so you don't risk VP failure?

My opinion if you want a wire tap box for VP, Adrenaline all the way! :rockwoot:

I've run all of them. I currently have the edge drag box, that's it. Got rid of the smarty, got rid of the quad, got rid of the fms (to big of a box for me), got rid of aken box (BS), got rid of comp (non drag), got rid of commander, got rid of puck. Just kept an edge drag comp box and bigger sticks and bigger turbo. Runs hard. Just shy of 500hp on Garmon's dyno. I usually don't even turn the comp on for DD, don't need it.

Back