Full MVB 47re issues please help!

12v_gal

PLEASE ONLY COMMENT IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE.
47re with a Transgo TF0D-3
A few years back with the same kit in a 47re and the welded passage 2nd gear lockup worked flawlessly.
Now I have the same kit, did the same process for 2nd lockup and it doesn't work correctly.
Is it possible the kit was changed in the past couple years to wear the springs have different pressures than previously?
My current Valve body is a constant pressure.
When in 2nd gear and I hit the lockup switch it momentarily locks up 2nd then almost instantly shifts to 3rd gear on its own like it's bleeding off pressure.
No matter if I use more or less VB pressure it does the same thing.
The rest of the transmission works perfect this is the only issue.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your TV set to? Ive had a few that would act funny but always been able to correct the issue with a TV adjustment. Anywhere from 60-80% is where Ive had good luck. Just be sure to increase line pressure if you have to back down the TV.

I'd say time for a new valvebody, or transmission shop's help.

Try zip-tying the tv lever all the way pulled back towards the rear of the truck. If it still short shifts, loosen it up a little bit each time until it stops. The sweet spot for me was about an 1/8 inch from being pulled all the way towards the rear. If your TV cable is still hooked up to your throttle linkage, I would unhook it.

I fought this for a while, but could eventually get it to work correctly by playing with the TV lever.

Back