Fully Built 2003 Golf - Ready for Track, only 400 miles on Engine

Diesel Power

Not Wade Moody- The Original Diesel Power
Today is a day I never thought would come. Things change- For years I wanted this car and in 2010 Harv @ Wild Rose called me and said he had one. I flew down the next day and bought it and drove it home. it had 125k miles on it. It was bone stock. My plan was to build it up. I drove it occasionally but for the most part it sat in the garage.

Fast forward to today-it has 138k on it. The new engine went in at 138100 and now it has 138545 on it. Break in oil has been changed once.

I had many setbacks getting this project completed, the major one was the cylinder head. Most of the engine work was done by people i know from the Duramax performance community. The head was done by Curtis Halverson who is well known for building the Mormon Missle - the faster duramax powered vehicle in the world- over 300MPH. The engine was built by John Cirimele who built both my Duramax race engines and used to build Formula 1 engines.

Fast forward to today- I finished the project earlier this year. Since starting on it I have met my wife, got married, and now have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. Our interests have changed and so has my love for this car. I don't have the desire to race on the track anymore and I don't really drive it. It sits in my garage with a battery tender hooked up.

The car needs NOTHING. I have smaller nozzles in it as I don't consider the engine broken in yet. The sale will come with the small injectors that are in it plus the larger set I was going to install once I was ready.

I even have a brand new set of track tires on brand-new OZ wheels that have never been mounted on the car. These may be included depending on the sale price.

The Engine-

Brand new block from Aaron @ Boraparts
ESS girdle
TDIMeister Cam
Oversized valves from Kyle levesque
GTB2260 from ryanp
Header from ryanp that I had coated inside and out
Rosten Rods
PD150 ARL Pistons
Brand New VW Head Ported by Curtis Halverson
ARP Head and Main Studs
2 different sets of Nicktane Nozzles - .275's and a smaller set
11MM Injection Pump
PD Pift Pump
PD130 Oil Cooler
R32 Airbox with Snorket
PD150 Intake Manifold
PD150 Intake Pipe
Nicktane 1 Micron fuel filter
Tuned by vwmikel

Other Mods:

6 Speed transmission from ryanp
DC Stage 4 Feramic clutch
Recaro Seats from Boraparts
Full Ground-Control Suspension (adjustable Koni Coil-overs) with camber plates installed by Ground Control and their facility
ISSPro Performax Gauges with data logger.
OEM Xenon Headlights with leveling motors and switch to control them
Pre-wired for Valentine 1 radar detector
OEM VW R32 Front Bumper
Front Mount Intercooler
Brand New Northstar AGM Battery
Passat Lighted and Retractable Sun Visors
Ultra-light black OZ Wheels
New tires

I paid $9800 for the car and have put tons into it. I would like $15k. I think it is worth at least that given the motor isn't even broken in yet.

golf01.jpg

golf02.jpg

golf03.jpg

golf04.jpg

golf05.jpg

golf06.jpg

golf07.jpg

golf08.jpg

golf09.jpg

golf10.jpg

golf11.jpg

golf12.jpg

golf13.jpg

golf14.jpg

golf15.jpg

golf16.jpg

golf17.jpg

golf18.jpg

golf19.jpg

golf20.jpg

golf21.jpg

golf22.jpg

golf23.jpg

golf24.jpg

golf25.jpg

Wow .... Considering people here in California want 9k for one with 200k+ this is an absolute steal . Good luck with your sale !!

Is that a hole in the porting in the head? Second cavity from left in the 2nd head pic & 3rd from left in 3rd head pic.

Otherwise, it's an awesome looking build/car!!

OT, but did your truck ever sell?

Is that a hole in the porting in the head? Second cavity from left in the 2nd head pic & 3rd from left in 3rd head pic.

Otherwise, it's an awesome looking build/car!!

OT, but did your truck ever sell?

If we're looking at the same thing, it looks like a mark from a sharpie to me.

I'm talking about this...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• golf41.jpg
    golf41.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
  • golf40.jpg
    golf40.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0
I figured if it were a hole, it musta been fixed since the car is said to be running just fine. I was just curious if it were a hole, how it was fixed. :)

I do sincerely apologize if it seems like I was trying to slight the build or anything. I'm really not. Just was curious.

In fact, if I had the money, I'd be on my way as I recently totaled my TDI Jetta and know this is a steal of a price for what all this car has to offer!

GLWS Nick.