fummins help

cushion101990

buttoning up a last few things. on my np273 i switched out my input shaft for a dodge one. when I did the needle bearing on the inside is to small to fit over the end of my main shaft. I can not find a replacement bearing that goes in my superduty t-case. Oreillys carries one needle bearing for a np273 and it is 1.825 O.D. I need one that is 1.625 O.D. and 1.5 I.D. any one else run into this problem?

i was able to use all the original ford bearings and they fit the dodge output perfectly, and I've never seen anyone else have an issue either

I swaped my NP273 input shaft with a 23 spline with no problems fitting in the ford t-case. The only problem I had was my new input shaft was a tad bit too short so I had to put a gasket between the tranny and t-case to seal it up.

I think I have heard of someone that had the same issue as you are having. I would search to see if anything comes up might try 4btswaps too.

Also,you might try Transfer Case Express to see if they have the right part for you.