Fummins lower hose deal

artieb

Has anyone besides Meyers Farms conversion got a better deal on lower hose? Getting around the AC pump is a challenge. I don't want to route my hose(s) in the path of the engine fan.... (if needed). I have thought of removing the AC bracket/outlet and welding a tight 90* to clear the AC pump and frame? Any other concepts? Is SCH 40 PVC such a bad thing??? Thanks, Artie

I used stainless tube and hose from siliconeintakes.com
We used a hump hose at each end to allow more flex.
It cost a bit more this way but I won't have to worry about rust or the rubber blowing out or rotting.

Does anyone know if the outlet on a Common rail is the same size as a 12v?

I used the flexible hose ghetto rigged on my 12v conversion but i want to do it clean on my Common rail swap.

Supersonic, what size SS tube? How did you get the tight 90*, and did you use a 2.25" hose for your engine side hose, and what did you do to get the SS tube to the radiator? Where did you reduce the ID? Thanks Artie. I have not even seen a commonrail engine so someone else would have to answer the question.... Do the use a different lwr hose?

there is a picture of what your talking about posted here on the forums.. i have it saved and have to did it up..might be roachie?..or someone else.. they basically welded soem weldeld to the flange to fit a regular hose ...
Thanks,
Deo

I welded a SS 90 degree off my original 12V outlet.Of course I am not using the Dodge A/C though.When I get home I'll try and post pic of it.It is on my webshots though.

Cliff, I looked at your webshots and seen that you welded a sweeping 90* and spliced the hose from there, I would need a tight 90* to get there with my pump down under instead of an OBS AC pump on the top. I would be interested in DEO's pics? I have it shade-treed now and want to do it better for keeps... Thanks for looking for the pics, Deo, and welcome ideas, Artie

First gen lower hose for the 90* then a 99-03 7.3l lower hose reversed with an adapter between them....Done and no ghetto mickey mouse stuff.

Thanks no smoke, This is what I have now, I try to use readily available parts in case of roadside malfunction. The concern with using the Dodge 90* stock hose would be rubbing on the frame and cause a leak. For a simple and durable fix, could we Teflon or simular material between the hose and frame to prevent this. The CTD does vibrate more.

I just searched and can't find the welded picture??..I did see several spliced hose pictures.. my excursion was rigged up witha corregated flew hose and another adapter.. Im looking to do the same as you when i get it back on the road this summer, also am lining up a F550 swap too...
Thanks,

Deo

I just put another piece of hose over it and has been fine for 5+ years