Fun stuff

Pitz

I still have Reverse
Wow, this diesel thing is fun! I took my truck out the the local quarter mile strip here in Tucson, and now I'm hooked. I'm not running any crazy numbers like a lot of you here, my best is a 13.81. I'll be working on more mods as I get the money!

:welcome:

13.80's is nutin to be shamed of. There's a lot of cars out there that a number like that will embarrass.

Welcome to Comp D!

Welcome aboard!!

13's?? hell most imports that weigh 1/3 of our rigs can't do that.....

Thanks! I was pretty happy being in the 13's, the track is at 3K feet, and a lot of the pony cars/ricers without forced induction were way up in the high teens.

Anyway, I've been bitten by the diesel bug so I'll be soaking up some knowledge here!

Ohh welcome!!

BUT lol and this of course has nothing to do with you, except that you reminded me of it... I WANNA SEE HOW FAST I AM! gah.

Pangela said:
Ohh welcome!!

BUT lol and this of course has nothing to do with you, except that you reminded me of it... I WANNA SEE HOW FAST I AM! gah.

Watch out, one run and you'll get hooked!! But since your on here allready its waaaaaay too late! :st:

Pitz said:
Watch out, one run and you'll get hooked!! But since your on here allready its waaaaaay too late! :st:

Grr to you, for being right on that one... lol

Welcome, and good to hear someone else in Tucons (besides me) is actually into diesel competition events!! Watch the smoke around Rita Ranch, they will turn you in up there! lol

Yeah, I imagine the Civano folks might not appreciate it either! I usually skirt the area going out to Vail though. I'm trying not to smoke too much, but its hard. Maybe putting some stacks on so I don't put any clouds right in the middle of traffic will help a little. I'm also hoping to have the cash for a turbo around the end of summer.

What kind of events do you run out here?

There are no diesel specific events around Tucson. Pheonix had some drags last month, but I was going to NY that weekend so I couldn't make it, then the next weekend I went to the Vegas Diesel Nationals. You'll have to drive if you want to see some real diesel competitions. I'm going to Houston in Oct.
I live out on that part of town Valencia & Alvernon, really close to the cheapest diesel in town too - Triple T Truckstop.

Half the fun was being one of the few diesels out at the test and tune that night! I recognized the auto hobby shop in some of your pics- I've spent some time there too!

I'll have to check out TTT- thats not far out of the way, they've probably got some decent fuel there, now that you mention it. One of my friends told me that the food was good there- still haven't tried that theory out yet.

I might have to caravan out to some diesel events with you, see ya around!

Are you military? You can't beat the hobby shop, the 2 days my truck was on the lift when I replaced my stock trans with the ATS it only cost me $98. I'll be there this weekend too putting train horns on my friends silverado, I'd rather do it in my garage so I can drink a beer or case while doing the install.

I'll keep a look out for you around town and I'll tap the pedal to send some friendly smoke your way.

Yeah, I've spent some time in the hobby shop! Put my lift on in there- nothing beats having the lifts available! Sure makes an oil change easy!! Ooh, train horns sound good- how'd the install go?

I"ll be sure to look for the smoke signals!

The train horns turned out to be a very nice install, but we just did them in my garage. Went to ACE and got some sheets of 1/4" aluminum and made a mounting plate for them inside the passenger side rear fender. I'll post pics somewhere in here when my friend sends them to me.