g-56 sled pulling gear

singlesmoker06

just cause it smokes dont
just curious as to which gear anyone pulls in with their g-56. i have an 06 dodge with one and i have pulled in every gear. im putting down over 800hp to the ground and have had no problems with any gear yet , knock on wood. ive heard many things and opinions on what gears are bad. i think 4th and 5th are the strongest but thats my opinion. just curious as to what yall think.

know there's alot of threads on this but id like to know the truth about them .:Cheer:

Your on borrowed time if you indeed ar pullin with a g56 and are making over 800hp. 5th would be your gear

If your over 800 you should be albe to pull out in 6th no problem Goes as high as you can without stalling it out at end of pull

Im calling BS on this one.........

How can you get an honest answer if you dont give honest information.

Judging by what I have read on here about the G56's, it seems like you would have broken it by now singlesmoker06.

well you can call bs all u want fullpull, i still wax your a!@ on the street maybe not in the sled pulling cause yur the slep pull king around here haha! i thought 5th gear would be the strongest as fullpull and i have discussed before but just wanted some input on it. i try to pull in 5th most of the time and it does well i just need some more little things on the truck to make it stick to the track.:nos:

and maybe im just lucky j-rod, on the truck ive got now that things may be good idk, i do have alot of concerns for the tranny as everyone else does and would like to swap for a nv4500 . also thought about an automatic but idk of anyone that has done it so far but would like some info on it.

there's alot of threads on this but id like to know the truth about them .

The G56 is a pos aluminum case transmission :woohoo: so what part is hard to understand? I believe everthing I read about the G56 and even what isn't writen yet! LOL

If it was me I would start saving money to do a swap and just run it hard til it breaks.

The G56 is a pos aluminum case transmission :woohoo: so what part is hard to understand? I believe everthing I read about the G56 and even what isn't writen yet! LOL

If it was me I would start saving money to do a swap and just run it hard til it breaks.

WOW

x2 ...... WOW......i didnt know that. now we all know that the g56 is a pos. thanks !

Right you've always got an excuse. I would say how about saturday, but you have yet to make a diesel event this year. so you pick the day

I have had pretty decent luck with my tranny, i have yet to sled pull it, just for the fact that it growls something terrrible, and i have a feeling that as soon as i launch it off the line it will come apart, i am saving money now for a NV5600 swap! I like the way the G56 shifts even with a DD but i wish they were more reliable!

I'd like to swap to the NV4500 too.. The auto swap sounds like a big hassel to me. and I havent heard of any upgrades for the NV5600..... (maybe I just dont know) Correct me if Im wrong.
-drew