g56 swap for nv45 is it possible

Yea it can be done. Bell Housing plate to motor, Different clutch and probably hydros, Shifter setup, drive shafts would have to be changed (longer rear/shorter front) Most certain the 271 transfer case will bolt up though. And the trans mount I'm sure would need modified or changed!

Seems like a few pullers have done it.

I've got the plate if you need one, shoot me a PM.

All these truck are set up bascally the same i have switched stuff out before and know guys that have done it, just do you homework on what will need to be changed and shortening drivshafts etc like said above, honestly most of its common sense

I have done homework and found ppl are asking the question and the ppl that answer r going off wat the read b4 and none of the ppl that answer never did a swap

I have swapped from g56 to a nv5600 and you need a starter spacer and will beed to remove the flywheel spacer infront of the flywheel if you have an aftermarket clutch already, then the tranny mount will need to be modified cause the length difference, but with the nv5600 it will fit wight where the g56 mounts are, the front a rear driveshafts will need to be shortened/ longer in front, other than that just get the correct hydraulics that connect to your firewall

and nv56 i hear r hard to find parts for but ats makes a built nv56 so mayb ill go wit the 56 bc its easy to install and if it breaks go wit ats parts

My opinion I would skip anything with ats parts in it. There is a guy I'm not sure if hes on here or not that has a 6.7 I believe that started as an auto then to g56 to nv5600 to nv4500. It a inferno red reg.cab dually. You may pm Wesley Wade. I've seen them running together at some pulls he may know who it is or could tell you who did the work if he himself didn't.

I would go with a nv5600 it will transfer right in and you wont need to fab mounts, all you will need to do is remove the flywheel spacer and add a starter spacer, the 5600 is strong compared to g56