G56 transmission problems

TheSmokinStroke

Posting this for a friend, his trans blew apart doing a 4th gear pull on the street today. The only gear it has left is 5th.

(trucks in the area of 750 horse I'd say)

My question is when we pull it what would be the best route to getting it rebuilt/built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Few guy here went back to nv56 for playing hard all i can say the g56 is a expensive trans for parts and not a lot of billet parts.

Look over on the cummins forum a guy named ryan has a good write up on it. You need the trans, clutch, drive shafts, and a little metal work to your tranny cross member.

Look over on the cummins forum a guy named ryan has a good write up on it. You need the trans, clutch, drive shafts, and a little metal work to your tranny cross member.

Okay cool.

Another thing I saw after some googling was a ZF-6 swap. Is this trans that much stronger or what?

Also what all is available as far as billet parts for the G56, NV56, and NV45? Not real sure as to where to start looking for billet parts.

48re swap. Don't waste time with a standard

Case was cracked on it. So looks like he is going to be doing a NV5600 swap. Does it matter what year the trans is for the swap?

Talk to broaner on cf. He just did that swap maybe a month ago after he killed 3 g56's