Garmon and Wells win at the rock

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Jeff Garmon (Jeff2) :ft: brought home the Prostreet win this past weekend and Matt Wells (turbomatt) took the Quick Diesel Win!:ft: Congrats fellas! :clap::woohoo:

Funny David..I should have been there it was cold and rainy all weekend here.

Last edited:
Rain was predicted for much of the area this past weekend but it didn't show up until we were finished. :rockwoot:

In the AirWerks Pro Street class Stuckey ran a best of 10.25 in a qualifying round earning #1 qualifyer spot.. Garmon and Morrison seemed to be dialed pretty good, each running right at the number. Chris Calkins had his truck in the 10.70's. Kark Mireiter debuted his new Pro Street truck. Fresh from the shop with no previous passes, Karl made several 12.0 passes getting his feet wet in the new ride. Garmon wins with a 10.69 and a reaction time advantage over Palmer.

The Valvoline Premium Blue Quick Diesel series had some serious trucks out there. George Cobb has the fastest of those trucks running a new personal best of 11.27 @ 120 in the Lil Red Cummins Express. Bruce Block his personal best of a 11.63 on fuel. Matt Wells ran his personal best of 11.80's if I remember with his new Turbonetics charger and won the race over Layden. Layden was starting to have some noises with his truck that we didn't think he was going to push it hard, but ended up running a closest to index 12.02 in the semi-finals.

The Flowmaster ET Bracket series had Dennis Tway of DTR winning the semi-finals, and two local Fords, Eric Grilliot in his 2000 F250 winning with a 18.74 over the breakout run for Brandon Southern of 14.19 in his 2004 F350.

All in all, the entire Diesel Power! Additives Drag racing series opened with some great side by side action and some serious display of diesel horsepower.

Thanks to everyone that came out. Check the DHRA web site for a full report in the next day or two.

Congrats to the winners and glad to see Matts new turbo is working out for him.

David sorry i coudlnt make the evnt still planting corn but a question why would a 10.25 be number 1 qualifier when darren was closest to the 10.5 index run and what happened to the fast shootout at the end has this idea been dropped.thanks and sorry i couldnt make it.....

I can answer the first one... Though these classes are indexed, they are also open qualifying. This requires some strategy. Fastest man gets number 1 spot, but those who focus on the index may be more lethal round for round. Quick 4 skims the 4 fastest passes below the index.

bones said:
David sorry i coudlnt make the evnt still planting corn but a question why would a 10.25 be number 1 qualifier when darren was closest to the 10.5 index run and what happened to the fast shootout at the end has this idea been dropped.thanks and sorry i couldnt make it.....

The ladder was based off of open qualifying meaning you could run as fast as your were legal for.

Only 2 trucks could run under the index.

Jess, missed ya there but making a living comes before play. You missed some great racing between everyone. Hopefully you and Buck can make the next one.

C ya later,

Wish I could have been there :(

Congrats to Matt and Jeff, well deserved wins :rockwoot:

Back