Garmon trans head to head comparison track results.

Morse

Diesel
I'm not here to knock any transmission company.. I was running a built transmission with a complete race rebuild kit, valve body, and a Suncoast towing converter in my 94 160 pump 2500. I won't mention their name, because they have always been very good to deal with and are nice people. After Wrongway (Gary Ray)helped me get it all together, and Turbomatt1 (Matt Wells) did the fine tuning on my little 160 pump the truck broke on it's second pass. It stripped the front main planetary on the trans. It was aluminum. The trans came out, and I took it to Garmon. He went through the trans, and then spent some time on the valve body. He didn't touch the converter. I installed the same Suncoast towing converter back in with his transmission. The trans made it's first pass last night.. The local quarter mile track was closed, so I had to go to an eighth mile track that's known to be slick in Lakeland, FL. It's not the best track in the world. They even do huge truck (with tractor tires) tug of wars on it.. Anyway... Matt drove the truck to a 7.44 at 91.4 mph in the eighth mile with a 1.62 60'.. Last night steering the truck was necassary to keep it going straigt. My 60' suffered. The results were 7.34 at 98.23 mph with a 1.66 60'. With traction, I have no doubt atleast 7.2's will happen. The biggest difference is the mph.. Going to the Garmon trans picked it up 6.8 mph in the eighth mile.. I'm impressed. I truely didn't know there could possibly be that much of a difference in transmissions, especially since I reused the same converter. There are many good transmission shops out there. I've bought several from the big name shops here on the forum and have been happy. If you want a transmission that will make you look at your time slip and think there must be a mistake (in a good way), get the Garmon trans. :rockwoot: I sound like an advertisement, but I feel others would like to know a true timeslip comparison.

By the way, how about those diesel only times with a 160 pump that's never been off the truck.. It's also smoke free.. :ft:

I don't want to tell anyone not to buy from another company. I've had great dealings with other big name companies that support our sport. I just wanted everyone to know that Garmon has some tricks up his sleeve that will positively put more power to the ground. I wish I could do an eighth mile calculation of my HP compared to my eighth mile mph before and after. Gaining 6.8 mph in the eighth mile has to be significant..

well ive heard that if you multiply your 1/8 mile et by 1.57 it will give you a pretty close estimate of your 1/4 mile time....
so 7.34x1.57=11.52 so just punch that into the hp calculator

Congrats!! Its nice to finaly have everything come together. Im glad everything is working out. Sounds like 7s in the 1/8 is real close to grab. I am sure you will see it sooner than later.

Dave and I have been telling everyone for a while now that there's something special in a Garmon trans :Cheer:

If it can handle my beast of a truck and have it run the times it does ( without breaking ).... you guys and your puny light weights LOL shouldn't have a problem

Sounds like there's gonna be some good competition this weekend

Nice Brad. Can't wait to see what it does on a sticky track.

those are some nice times for sure. now lets see what it does on a sticky track.

Thanks for the good comments.. Brad, you're still smokin' me.. I'm trying to play catch up. I still have a couple ideas left.. Well, one of them is your idea. I just haven't got around to installing it yet.. I hope to do it soon though..

Too bad he's clear over on the other side of the country...

He also has one heck of a good warranty, so long as you understand the terms he offers he'll be glad to build one and ship it out to you.

Dave and I have been telling everyone for a while now that there's something special in a Garmon trans :Cheer:

I told you guys years ago that he got me 2 tenths just from some Valvebody mods .....On a brand name performance built valvebody!!
See... I wasn't just cheerleading. :bigsmile:

He also has one heck of a good warranty, so long as you understand the terms he offers he'll be glad to build one and ship it out to you.

Trust me, I know he can ship. I was saying too bad because seems to be all the fun stuff is back east. When I've got the coin I'm 74% postive Jeff will be getting my money for trans work.

Just curious Morse, do you let the trans do all the shifting by itself or do you manually shift and lock it?

I just let it shift on it's own.. I put it in drive, turn on the torque converter lock up switch, boost, and launch..

Back