Gauge Time - ISSPro Gauges

Mopar1973Man

Geez... When it rains it pours. I just lost my pyrometer this morning it quit working. So I did my phone shopping at work today since it was slow. Called around and once again my buddy Eric at Vulcan Performance did the best price. I'm just beside myself of taking either ISSPro EV's or ISSPro EV2's. The EV's are all mechanical gauges. Now Eric tells me the EV2's are electronic and using now solid state pressure sensors that are rare to fail. I'm considering on jumping out on a limb and trying the EV2's.

Finally... I got all my wiring, bracket, and other little things done. What I'm loving is both senders are not on the engine at all. I've installed the snubber just after the needle valve. Boost sensor is also relocated on the bracket. Used all push-lock fittings and 1/8" air brake line again. I love the daisy chain electrical plugs awesome idea. All electrical securely connected and tied down.

Once again Thank You Eric @ Vulcan Performance for the wonderful gauges and the custom bracket.

post-1-0-41060400-1413058067.jpg

post-1-0-67562000-1413058157.jpg

post-1-0-58008000-1413058338.jpg

post-1-0-68936000-1413058424.jpg

post-1-0-28894200-1413058902.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, the ev2's wiring setup is great compared to the ev's. One thing I've noticed is the ev2's gauge faces look cheaper made compared to the ev's. Like a plastic face compared to polished glass the ev's seem to have.

Yep, the ev2's wiring setup is great compared to the ev's. One thing I've noticed is the ev2's gauge faces look cheaper made compared to the ev's. Like a plastic face compared to polished glass the ev's seem to have.

Might be so... But the needle to the background is closer so optical accuracy is better. But so far I'm enjoying the EV2's they seem to be fairly accurate for display. They have a bit of lag you can see the needles step up or down on slow changes but become more fluid with faster changes. LED lighting seem to be rather nice but dimming is kind of funky but I'm not too worried being I like my panel bright.

They're still nice gauges. I'd definitely go with the 2's over the originals if I bought them again just because of the cleaner wiring.

You can buy the programming cd for the 2's and change the sample rate and led levels if you want. I believe it even lets you set the warning light limits on them.

Hopefully you'll have better luck with the EV2. The sensors still suck, though...my Fuel Pressure sensor didn't last long, and they're around $60.

Sent from my iPad

Hopefully you'll have better luck with the EV2. The sensors still suck, though...my Fuel Pressure sensor didn't last long, and they're around $60.

Sent from my iPad

At least you don't have glow shift and your needle doesn't oscillate from 10-25 when cruising LOL :hehe:

Sensor failure is typically from water hammer. I've got 3 forms of protection.

1. Adjustable Needle Valve
2. Snubber (supplied by ISSPro)
3. Remote mount with over 5 foot of tubing to travel.

I've already mastered the DiPricol gauges for 10 years and my pyrometer failed me. So not bothering to attempt to replace thermocouple (probe) I just replaced. Basically cost me $32 a year for the DiPricols. Now I'm going to master the ISSPro EV2's electronics that everyone says the senders suck or the fuel pressure gauge randomly fails.

Sensor failure is typically from water hammer. I've got 3 forms of protection.

1. Adjustable Needle Valve

2. Snubber (supplied by ISSPro)

3. Remote mount with over 5 foot of tubing to travel.

I've already mastered the DiPricol gauges for 10 years and my pyrometer failed me. So not bothering to attempt to replace thermocouple (probe) I just replaced. Basically cost me $32 a year for the DiPricols. Now I'm going to master the ISSPro EV2's electronics that everyone says the senders suck or the fuel pressure gauge randomly fails.

Thanks for "Intro to Gauge Installation"...you sound like ISSPRO's rep.

My installation satisfies all three of your points, in addition to being dielectric-greased, and housed in a vibration-reducing environment. I've had an AutoMeter sensor in the same setup for years without a failure. I went to the EV2, as I preferred the stepper's accuracy on a few crucial gauges...I've gone through two sensors in a year. It's a bad design.

Sent from my iPad

Personally, I don't think its vibration myself being only the fuel pressure sender is failing. Boost gauge tend to work forever. So that lead me back to water hammer. The hard part is that electric gauges rarely would show water hammer pulses. If you have a mechanical gauge you hear a buzzing noise in the gauge. Since it electric sender you are going to have to use a needle valve. Hard part is you got to wire the gauges up so they have constant power so you can set it. But you want the gauge to lag slightly say 1 to 2 seconds tops from 0 to full pressure be it 15 to 20 PSI.

Also the newer sender are suppose to be solid state sender without any moving parts like the old school sender use to be.

As for why I remote mounted mine it was for location more than anything. I did want more crap hanging on the fuel lines like my old DiPricol's where (low pressure light and gauge tubing) and then have another sender to fight around the MAP sensor. Naw... Just remote mount it to the fender and be done. All tubing is push lock so getting tubing out of the way is super easy push the collar and pull. But hey that's me...

EV2 has a flat non reflective glass like museum glass( my woman works for a craft store that does high end framing) I am currently awaiting my custom order for a full set of guages ( fuel pressure, 1&2 boost, drive pressure, EGT, and Trans temp.) all with red illumination. I was very pleased with the EV2 programmer and how the fuel pressure guage held up without a snubber and an quick reading time to see what was happening within milliseconds. I needed to upgrade my fuel lines and pump to get the results I wanted. The EV2 was an essential tool in helping me to upgrade my truck to its best performance

Last edited:
Geez... When it rains it pours. I just lost my pyrometer this morning it quit working. So I did my phone shopping at work today since it was slow. Called around and once again my buddy Eric at Vulcan Performance did the best price. I'm just beside myself of taking either ISSPro EV's or ISSPro EV2's. The EV's are all mechanical gauges. Now Eric tells me the EV2's are electronic and using now solid state pressure sensors that are rare to fail. I'm considering on jumping out on a limb and trying the EV2's.

Finally... I got all my wiring, bracket, and other little things done. What I'm loving is both senders are not on the engine at all. I've installed the snubber just after the needle valve. Boost sensor is also relocated on the bracket. Used all push-lock fittings and 1/8" air brake line again. I love the daisy chain electrical plugs awesome idea. All electrical securely connected and tied down.

Once again Thank You Eric @ Vulcan Performance for the wonderful gauges and the custom bracket.

post-1-0-41060400-1413058067.jpg

post-1-0-67562000-1413058157.jpg

post-1-0-58008000-1413058338.jpg

post-1-0-68936000-1413058424.jpg

post-1-0-28894200-1413058902.jpg

Eric is a helluva a good guy, I've enjoyed the few times I've been able to stop by his shop and say hi