Gauges

BrandonB

Just waitin
Im looking into some gauges, but i really dont want a pillar mount gauge pod, i was thinking like a edge, or the bully dog outlook, and suggestions?

I have the Outlook and hate it, it is constantly wrong. It says my tranny temp never goes above 88*. Not to mention I can't monitor the two most important things a 6.0 needs to monitor, the EOT vs ECT.

I'd do an overhead mount or something before I would drop the coin on the Outlook again. Just my personal experience.

I have the Outlook and hate it, it is constantly wrong. It says my tranny temp never goes above 88*. Not to mention I can't monitor the two most important things a 6.0 needs to monitor, the EOT vs ECT.

I'd do an overhead mount or something before I would drop the coin on the Outlook again. Just my personal experience.

I have an overhead mount and absolutely hate it. The guages are harder to see up there unless it's night time and they're lit up. I'm going to a 4-guage pillar, when it fits into my budget.

The Edge insight isnt too bad, and the TS Performance MPD with Heads Up Display is super nice.

I use an edge evolution for gauges it mounts good to the a pillar. I used a sat radio mount for it and it works great looks clean. I had it mounted in its pod and hated it there also mounted under cubby hole and did not like it there.

Just get some Autometers, slapem on the pillar mount and be cool. LOL FYI some overheads gauge mounts will not fit in some trucks because of the mirror. I know for a fact they will not fit in my 05 King Ranch.

I cant decide if i want a pillar or a controller type, i would like a overhead but they wont fit my truck either

How's this?

2920173520046140835S500x500Q85.jpg

I run an Insight and a Commander. The Commander monitors fuel pressure and EGTs, and the Insight shows me ECT vs EOT, tranny temp, and voltage.

You can also mount the gauges down low in front of where the shifter goes on a manual.

I've not seen a 2 gauge kit for the steering column. I have seen people mount 1 gauge on each side of the steering column and 1 on the column. I just put 4 gauges on the A post and I'm using my MSD DashHawk (Same thing as the Edge Insight) overhead. The gauges monitor the EGT, Boost, HPOP and Fuel psi, and the DashHawk monitors the EOT, ECT, Trans Temp, Voltage on the main screen and it also monitors other PIDs on other screens. The Insight can monitor EGT and boost as well which is what I used mainly for a year or so.

I haven't tried the TS MPD but I prefer standard analog gauges..whether they be on the pillar or wherever..