GDP Intake Horn!

EddieCTD

Black Cloud Producer
My GDP intake arrived today, one business day earlier than estimated. Installation was as simple as it gets. After letting the truck get up to operating temp I took it for a test drive. All I can say is, WOW! With my Juice set on 6 and my Striker 2 set on 5, the truck is actually breaking the tires loose from a 50mph roll in 3rd with the converter locked up! I thought it was my trans shuddering until I looked out my rear view mirror and saw two patches being laid after the turbo lites! :evil

Thanks, GDP!:woohoo:

Attachments

• GDP intake.jpg
    GDP intake.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 158
With my Juice set on 6 and my Striker 2 set on 5, the truck is actually breaking the tires loose from a 50mph roll in 3rd with the converter locked up!

Lets see the video.:poke:

As soon as I can, I'll see if I can take some video.

I didn't believe the reports of this intake either when I first read about them. But, this intake DID make 52hp and 136ft/lbs at 2000rpm on the dyno which is right in the meat of the powerband. It definately makes better use of the fuel the hot unlock gave me.

half of what you see,nothing of what you here,lets see dyno sheet please,just ordered a different brand , sounds like hugh gains, always thought anything other than stock should n could be much better. dont have as many mods as you but any good flowing horn should show some more HP/TQ

LOL sure :clap: good one as long as this dyno was identical the same and none of the perameters were changed during it then id like to see both dynos graphs up and side by side for comparison! other wise i call a huge BS

LOL sure :clap: good one as long as this dyno was identical the same and none of the perameters were changed during it then id like to see both dynos graphs up and side by side for comparison! other wise i call a huge BS

like the weight of the vehicle? LOL

funny slippy, hey if the product is ligit then great everyone should quit buying from the other intake makers and switch to GDP right?? Best gains ive ever heard of. But want i want to see and know is temp when it was dynoed what were the boxes set at for both dynos?? Did you delete your heater grid in the process??

lcaad1249 posted the link to the review and dyno testing I refered to above. I quoted their dyno numbers from their test vehicle. Below his first link is a link to an intake shootout review of a number of different intakes from a number of different manufacturers. If you read the review and go over the dyno results, you will see the GDP isn't even the top performer, the CFM+ is. So, it's not like I'm bragging on the GDP because it just happens to be the intake I purchased. I purchased the GDP because I prefer aluminum construction over plastic (CFM+), GDP doesn't charge extra for the drilled and tapped ports and lastly because it is significantly less expensive than the rest.

There is a lengthly thread over at TDR about these intakes and how they make so much more power than the stocker (as a result of these dyno results). Like I said, I didn't believe it either. However, I also never had my stocker off and saw how restrictive it really is. How many of you actually looked inside their stock intake? You can BARELY get two fingers inside the intake where the two bolts go through it.

I did not delete the grid in the process. There is a review and dyno test of the grid heater delete also on that site. I did not feel the small gains from the delete outweigh the ease of cold starting during the cold winter months here in the northeast.

You can go and call "huge BS" all you like, that doesn't bother me. I wasn't a believer either, until I read the review, saw the dyno results AND looked inside my stock intake. I took a chance and bought one of the tested intakes. Ya know what? It works. It works damn good. Of course, it depends on how much fueling you have on your truck (as ALL mods do on these trucks), but these intakes DO deliver. It didn't turn my truck into a ride that went from not breaking the tires loose from a 50mph roll into one that instantly broke loose and broiled the tires for 100 yards like my 10 second turbo Buick does, but it DID make enough of a difference to make use of the highest power settings on my fueling stack to get the tires to haze enough and cause wheel hop from a 50mph roll and leave light patches on the road.

Last edited:
half of what you see,nothing of what you here,lets see dyno sheet please,just ordered a different brand , sounds like hugh gains, always thought anything other than stock should n could be much better. dont have as many mods as you but any good flowing horn should show some more HP/TQ

That was my exact attitude, too.

Which intake did you buy? You may want to click on the second link lcaad1249 provided to see if it was tested in the intake shootout and see how it did. ALL of the intakes tested made gains, so you really can't lose. The stock intake is that restrictive.

don't the 3rd gens have the most restrictive factory elbows on them?

I've always pashaw'd intake horns, but after reading some dyno tests recently, I'm probably going to put one on my '04 :eek:

The tape measure doesn't lie. Yes, it's only about an inch and a half wide in the middle and closer to only an inch on the top of the intake horn. No "huge BS" here! Again, I think the only people who don't believe these aftermarket intakes can make as much additional power as they do are the ones who never looked inside their stock intake!

Attachments

• stock intake measure.jpg
    stock intake measure.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 30
  • stock intake horn.jpg
    stock intake horn.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 23