gear ratios

I haven't been able to find a 3.07 for either the D80 or AAM 11.5". Anyone have any sources.

3.31 is the lowest I have found for 11.25" and 11.5" ring gear housings.

Can I ask where you found those? I have never seen a 3.31 for a aam axle yet., I would like something like that

I like 4.33 gears and a 29 tall tire with a GearVendors , my MPH went from 115 with a stock 3.73 to 125 with the 4.33 gear shifting the GearVendors at around 1000'

the lower gear will help you get off the line , matching wheel speed to engine speed.

My best 60 was 1.78 with M&H 395 45 17 drag radials.

with more rear gear you will break less transmissions as well

another factor to remember is very little ET is gained on the last 300' of the track, but there is the world to gain in the first 300 feet

The 3.07 was in the D71 IIRC. A little different model axle in the first gens offered with the non-OD autos. I don't believe a 3.07 is available for the regular d70.

I like 4.33 gears and a 29 tall tire with a GearVendors , my MPH went from 115 with a stock 3.73 to 125 with the 4.33 gear shifting the GearVendors at around 1000'

the lower gear will help you get off the line , matching wheel speed to engine speed.

My best 60 was 1.78 with M&H 395 45 17 drag radials.

with more rear gear you will break less transmissions as well

another factor to remember is very little ET is gained on the last 300' of the track, but there is the world to gain in the first 300 feet

Just out of curiousity did you use the g/v inbetween any other gear or just on the top end?

Never tried , but with the Gearvendors and a 47 or 48 you have 5 gears and a lock up.
The Gearvendors is a tough piece . In 2WD and with the ability to change gears in a ford 9 inch , I would even go deeper . With the 4.33 gear and the 3400 rpm limit I ran several low 11’s with trap speeds of 129.88 mph .
One of the big misconception is that lower gears ( bigger numbers ) you multiply torque and this would make it harder to get off the line . In reality it helps move the mass and if the tire breaks lose , it slows down the tire spin and allows the track to come under the truck..

A little tire spin is not a bad thing

I would even venture to say a 4.43 . 4.56 , or 4.88 will be the way to go with the new higher rpm

The original question was for a 650 hp daily driver/drag truck.. I would definitely run a 3.42 gear if you're running a 33'' or smaller tire. A truck at that power level will spin the tires if torqued up too much on the line, even a 4x4. That is unless you have drag tires/suspension mods that just happens to hook overly well. My 06 2wd ran 131.7 on street tires at over 6,300 pounds. It was a true street truck that I drove back and forth from KY to FL on multiple occassions. You'll also get a little better fuel economy with the 3.42's. That truck turned in 23 mpg with the cruise on 78 mph. When it was around 600 rwhp, it was common for it to cut 1.7 60's on a 20'' nitto street tire. Again, it was 2wd. Without traction on a 2wd, you have to come out slightly under the charger.

The 3.07 was in the D71 IIRC. A little different model axle in the first gens offered with the non-OD autos. I don't believe a 3.07 is available for the regular d70.

my truck has a stock d70 that came in my truck, the gearing is 3.07.

This is gonna sound kinda dumb but why not a gear vendors set up (in theory)? launch off with what ever your stock gear is and then have like a actually taller gear once u leave out of first

Back