gelled fuel now missfire...

Jordank520

Well the past few days we had -40 degree days and of course I got lucky enough to have my fuel gel. After 4 days sitting out side i got it brought back to my parents house and into their garage. turned the heat on and let it thaw out as well as charge the batteries. I added diesel 911 and my truck does run now but it has a miss fire... my fuel pressure is right about 16- 18 which is right off my air dog so I do have good fuel pressure. any ideas of what could have went wrong now?

my quadzilla adrenaline 4k also took a **** during this adventure, if you connect the wire that goes to the fuse panel the ignition will turn on without the key in it weird huh.

thanks, Jordan

change the filters, its known that the gelling messes with them. you sure its fully thawed ?

See that's what im not sure of if its fully thawed or not. I have it back in the garage tonight with the heater on hoping tomorrow is a better day for my poor truck haha. I also am picking up a new filter tomorrow morning. all the fuel that coming through my air dog when I take the filter off seems to me liquid tho..

First get rid of the Quadzilla. If you have it all thawed out and the truck still misses you probably have a sticking injector. People sometimes get a little crazy with the additives and over do it. Then the injection system has to digest that without the proper lubrication and bad things happen.

Oo don't worry quadzilla is gone. And I know I dumped a full. Bottle of diesel 911 in the tank treats up to 100 gallons. I also have a full tank of fuel atleast. Is there anyway of getting an injector to unstick or just drive it around and hope for the best?

Use a laser thermometer on the exhaust manifold to determine which cylinder(s) and then go from there.

alright, could I take the injectors out and clean them in anything specific? or is that not reasonable

Change filters and get some clan fuel in it, use white bottles of power service and drive it a bit.

Soo I 100% took quad off my truck and my truck runs beautiful. the only sensor i still had hooked up was fuel pressure.... i didn't think that have an effect. I also changed the fuel filter and put some sea-foam in the filter. Thank you everyone for your advice. ps I never remembered how slow a 24v is without a programmer :(

Mine gelled up on my first gen a few weeks ago, and number 6 wasn't firing, and it had air in the injector line, I cracked it open when it was running and it picked up the cylinder and was good to go.