Getrag swap neutral safety switch help

cumminz90

Cant leave um alone
Im in the middle of wrapping up the getrag swap on my GF's 93 W250 it had a 518 in it before if it matters. Any way looking at the old wiring harness the plug has three wires going into it and the switch on the manual trans has only two prongs. Question is can i swap the auto switch in and get it functioning properly (reason i have not tried this already is i sold the auto and do not have access to one) and secondly if that would not work is there a wire i could ground or connect to the prongs that would bypass that all together? Or any other tricks that do the same thing? Thanks in advance for the help fellas:st:

well i figured it out after looking at some schematics if somebody would like to know what to do i can explain to save someone else the trouble

Lookin at the plug on the auto harness for the NSS u take the middle wire (there are three going into the plug) and ground it believe its brown with yellow tracer iirc this will bypass the switch all together (it will start in gear) the other two wires go to the reverse light switch by the shifter on the getrag and then your reverse lights work also. Now you could also wire a switch on the clutch pedal to to get it working like it should. Hope this saves someone some time