girdles / rods

strokethis6.7

$2.00 Hooker
can anyone explain what exactly a girdle for our engines do and how hard they are to install just curious i plan lots of power in the long run and am taking baby steps and loking for all the advice i can get from you guys that know. also ive noticed a few 6.7 coming around 7-900hp range what do you guys recomend maybe cange out to 12v rods or is there any after market rods that can hold the higher hp/tq numbers? thanks for all advice in advance

can anyone explain what exactly a girdle for our engines do and how hard they are to install just curious i plan lots of power in the long run and am taking baby steps and loking for all the advice i can get from you guys that know. also ive noticed a few 6.7 coming around 7-900hp range what do you guys recomend maybe cange out to 12v rods or is there any after market rods that can hold the higher hp/tq numbers? thanks for all advice in advance

The girdle helps with strengthening the bottom end of the block. The 6.7 also comes with one from the factory. Depending on what method you choose for power will determine what rods to use. A big torque set up that hits real hard would have nothing but billet rods in it, my choice was Cunningham simply because i like the diamond lock design.

The girdle helps with strengthening the bottom end of the block. The 6.7 also comes with one from the factory. Depending on what method you choose for power will determine what rods to use. A big torque set up that hits real hard would have nothing but billet rods in it, my choice was Cunningham simply because i like the diamond lock design.

thanks man i am glat to see you chime in with an answer. You bought from browns rite? i was lookin on ther site and didnt see anything bout rods

thanks man i am glat to see you chime in with an answer. You bought from browns rite? i was lookin on ther site and didnt see anything bout rods

Just call and ask for Erick,he will send you what you need.

Just call and ask for Erick,he will send you what you need.

thanks bud! also i remember you sayin a while back bout havin an extra set of valve springs would you still hapen to have them and if so what would ya want for them?

The factory girdle is better than nothing but if you go after market girdle, it would be best to go with 14mm main studs because they tie into the girdle as well as the outside of the block.

The factory girdle is better than nothing but if you go after market girdle, it would be best to go with 14mm main studs because they tie into the girdle as well as the outside of the block.

It has been found that the stock girdle and main bolts will hold 1000+ horsepower.The next thing besides the rods to go is the crank.

JUST SAYIN

thanks bud! also i remember you sayin a while back bout havin an extra set of valve springs would you still hapen to have them and if so what would ya want for them?

Yes i still have them. They are Hamilton #110 springs and are good as new. They have also been checked for tolerances and where spot on. Make me an offer.

Here is a pic of whats in my 12v. Go all out if you want to make big power and dont want to have to worry about the bottom end.
1.jpg

Girdle ordered from JetPilot
Picture048-1.jpg

A1 14mm bolts. 2 bolts were short and it was fixed with phone call.

Last edited:
I went with Cunningham rods(bought from Cunningham), girdle from Randys Engine and Machine, and 12mm A1 studs. I was concerned about block issues with 14mm studs(I've never experienced a problem, but it was mentioned to me by a couple who did). I am running a p-pumped 6.7 so it will have less strain on the bottom end due to the gentler power curve. Planning on being over the 1k mark also.

Last edited:
his dyno sheet told him so and arron nick is pretty close to the same HP I believe and he's stock bottom end

:umno:Arron is not close to 1000hp and I would like to see more than a bunch of people that have pushed the factory girdle to 1000hp before I was to keep it with that power.:evil

OEM bottom ends don't have a girdle - just a block stiffener... like some aftermarket halo girdles, better than nothing but not capable of rigidly tying the mains to the block like a full girdle does.

Daniel's photo shows an example of a proper girdle.

Aron Nick at his current wieght ( with hood and bumper ) calculates around 825 +/- HP

But this is only with is 2.6 charger... Not bad!

Lots of passes and abuse on a STOCK bottom end !

Aron Nick at his current wieght ( with hood and bumper ) calculates around 825 +/- HP

But this is only with is 2.6 charger... Not bad!

Lots of passes and abuse on a STOCK bottom end !

I hear ya and he has oodles of passes with that bottom end. But he will admit that he has not broke anything due to not running compounds at that hp level. I am going to love to have that power in the near future, but it is far from 1000 hp$.02

OEM bottom ends don't have a girdle - just a block stiffener... like some aftermarket halo girdles, better than nothing but not capable of rigidly tying the mains to the block like a full girdle does.

Daniel's photo shows an example of a proper girdle.

Thanks for clearing that up! Are you guys ready to realese some of your products or is your race season still running.:Cheer:

A girdle serves a few purposes.

1) it helps to keep the main caps from walking.

2) it helps keep the main caps from chattering

3) it helps to keep the mains and block skirt from getting out of shape from one another, in other words "tied in"

The stock plate does not tie in the mains, so it would only serve to keep the skirts true and square.

Oh yea on to arron nicks HP #'s

i can tell most of you dont know your math and how to percieve the calculator.

the calculator only can give you a AVG HP applied to the track, Not a peak #

So with that said Arron maybe making more power than you think he is...but im no math matition :lolly:

A girdle serves a few purposes.

1) it helps to keep the main caps from walking.

2) it helps keep the main caps from chattering

3) it helps to keep the mains and block skirt from getting out of shape from one another, in other words "tied in"

The stock plate does not tie in the mains, so it would only serve to keep the skirts true and square.

Oh yea on to arron nicks HP #'s

i can tell most of you dont know your math and how to percieve the calculator.

the calculator only can give you a AVG HP applied to the track, Not a peak #

So with that said Arron maybe making more power than you think he is...but im no math matition :lolly:

I do realize what a main stud girdle does, I just thought they both were called girdles. I'm not attemting to use a calculator, Arron's a good guy and I have spoke with him quite a few times over the phone.:Cheer: