girdles / rods

If you are shooting for 1000hp then get a good girdle and billet rods for sure. I bent 5 sets of 12v rods this past year and bent one crank due to stretched main bolts. The extra stroke is really hard on things.

OEM bottom ends don't have a girdle - just a block stiffener... like some aftermarket halo girdles, better than nothing but not capable of rigidly tying the mains to the block like a full girdle does.

Daniel's photo shows an example of a proper girdle.

X2 thank you. IMO its not a girdle unless it ties into the mains. Kennys Pulling parts offers a nice 5/8" girdle/14mm main stud combo for a reasonable price.

I'm getting a block stiffner, for a good price, as in Free. Is it not worth it to bolt in to my engine? I will be using Main studs? Should I spring for the actual girdle, for my build? Shooting for 800hp.

If you are shooting for 1000hp then get a good girdle and billet rods for sure. I bent 5 sets of 12v rods this past year and bent one crank due to stretched main bolts. The extra stroke is really hard on things.

Bean you forgot one you also managed to break one crank at 2300 rpm from them foot pounds. Lol

Thanks for clearing that up! Are you guys ready to realese some of your products or is your race season still running.:Cheer:

Our new Super Stock power production parts like cam, head, intake manifold & exhaust header, etc. won't be released 'til after Drag Week, but the new 6.7L durability & "passive" stuff like racing oil, full girdle, water jacket mods, Vulcan HG & crank wiper will be available by summer.

Or you could be smart and put a 5.9 crank in....

Since you brought it up...does one run longer rods or custom pistons when doing this? And where would one find said parts??

Rod length or piston CH can be changed useally a bit of both to get everything in harmony.

Parts? You know my # scott.