gm gov Press solenoid

12vriviera

That Guy with that car
Anyone have the Borg Warner pn for the gm gov pressure solenoid that replaces dodge unit?

Friend of mine uses the GM solenoids when doing rebuilds. Little late tonight but I'll ask in the morning

Thank you zstroken!

Does it need an adapter or not? I bought the billet kit when doing mine, about to put one in my buddies, thing is he need to get the parts at oreillys because parts arefree to him there ( via company card).

Yeah, I use the Borg Warner one too. I got mine from Lavon Miller. And everything is drop in. No adapters needed, but I think the plug sits upside down from standard (not an issue at all).

Might as well swap the transducer at the same time (just with a stock one, but it is good to do while you're in there).

Theres a youtube video on how to make it work, I bought the ats one, it came with the block.

Than you cornelius, yeah this Trans is stock with 323k on it, going to do all electronics next time we change fluid.. In a month, it was terrible..

I got mine with block from suncoast dan.. I think the only difference is, it lays it over on the side instead of vertically like stock is...

I beleive BW now has a solenoid that is a direct replacement for Dodge. I have the dnj conversion on mine and when I go to the parts house they call it a gm epc

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

The BW solenoid is a direct replacement. The GM solenoid on the conversion block is from a 4L60E.

Most places use the BW from what I have seen. Is the GM conversion any better?

The DNJ GM Conversion, the solenoid is adjustable. Hands down worth the money. Have one in mine for about 4 years now with no issues.

I wanna say the one for the dodge is the same. The conversion was for a few years back when they didn't have one for dodge

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Alright guys, I dug through my old phone's pictures and found some of when I swapped this.

Here is the stock solenoid (left) next to the BW one (right):
IMG_0512_zps6d492720.jpg

Here is a picture of the transducers. (2000 and older installed, 2001-2003 sitting on the left) I have a 97 so I have the 2000 and older style, and I accidentally got a transducer for a 2001-2003, so make sure you get the right one or you'll have to drop the pan again.:
IMG_0513_zps0b877a76.jpg

Here are some pics installed, just to show that there is not extra protrusion or anything. It is a direct drop in.:
IMG_0517_zps5b099efe.jpg

IMG_0518_zps302651b6.jpg

IMG_0519_zps610d02b2.jpg

Also, while you guys are in there, if you want to do the free line pressure increase, here is the bolt. You need to put more pressure on the spring, so you move it counter-clockwise to push the plate down into the spring. I had to cut down one of my Allen wrenches because my sockets and L-Allens wouldnt fit. I honestly almost drilled a hole in the housing at pipe thread tapped it so I could adjust it whenever, but decided not to.
Note: This is one the drivers side of the valve body if my pictures aren't clear enough.
IMG_0514_zpsdab78852.jpg

IMG_0515_zpsce349504.jpg

The last things, if you have a standard pan, I recommend you weld a bung for a drain plug in it because it is a mess taking it off without one. MagHytec's come with plugs ;-)
Also get a new filter and pan gasket while you're there. You can do your fluid then too, or just replace the couple quarts you drain, or even reuse your old stuff if you really want to be cheap!
I did my best to loosen one corner first and drain it into a 5 gallon bucket. I had a lot of mess to clean up. I'm also on 37's with a 5" lift, so I dont know if this would fit under a regular truck.
IMG_0520_zps35393103.jpg

Alright, hope that helps solve confusion. The solenoid has worked awesome for me for about 9 months so far, and I havent been nice to it.

Most places use the BW from what I have seen. Is the GM conversion any better?

The gm solenoid is a better design, we see less problems from them sticking than the original dodge or the aftermarket borgwarner. Thanks