gm military axles

jorge289

Anybody runing Gm military front axle? I have the problem of it turning the wrong way, So i fliped the 3rd member. Now the short side axle will not go in the last inch! The carrier is off set. Anybody else have these problem?

I have alot of friends that run them in mud trucks, you will need to cut i believe 5/8" off the shaft and fith a small cut off wheel notch the shaft/splines so it can fully ingage into the splider gear. Also the long side shaft will only go half way into the spider gear, but theres nothing you can do about that.

What are you planning on doing with the axle? I would DEFINETLY get all the shafts, gears, and carrier croyoed.

Thank you, i was thinkg the same thing. The long side is only in about 1.250 into the spline and that worries me. This is going under my sled pull truck.

The only other choice you have is to flip the WHOLE axle upside down, but then your drive shaft/differential will be on the other side.

Like i said, i would HIGHLY recomend getting all parts cryoed

Im runing a profab drop box

Is the axle shafts course or fine spline? The course splin axles are weaker! Also there is a few different styles of axle joints that came in these, the u-joint style is the strongest by far!!!

you can flip the whole axle side to side and front to back. the knuckles are set at 0* so change it how ever you want.