Goerends vs. HTS?

Willy91

If you's had a choice between a valve body built by Goerends and one built by HTS which would you go for? I keep bouncing back and forth trying to decide wich one I want.

my vote goes to HTS i have yet to see a bad product come from them.
not taking any credit away from Goerends work at all. but HTS really knows there stuff.

Well..... I guess I'd just get a SunCoast. :poke:

......fliped a coin, it said HTS.

Call up both of them and see which one you feel more comfortable supporting you after the sale.

Been very pleased with my Goerend trans. Ive never dealt with HTS but ive nothing but good things. Either way i dont think u can go wrong. Might just come down to which one is cheaper.

I ended up going with Goerend and am very happy with it.....BUT I talked to Dusty and he made the decision much harder then I had thought it would be, very nice guy easy to talk to all that happy crap and is much easier to get ahold of then Dave! But in the end Dave has a better warranty and had a dealer fairly close!!

IMO, I really don't think you could make a bad decision either way you go again IMO you have weeded out many and those that are left are two of the best!! Good luck to ya:clap:

Not to steal the thread but any of you guy's change out your steel trany lines when you did your trans??If so what did you end up using??

I replaced all of mine with Stainless braided lined when I relocated my heat exchanger to under my radiator. Haven't had any problems with it yet, unlike my leaky stock ones!

Brandon(joefarmer) should be able to send you a parts list of all the Jeg's fittings you will need.

Lavon

I am looking at the same two suppliers. I think I am going with HTS for my valve body after talking with Dusty. Getting my torque converter from goerend though.

Thanks Brandon! Hey Brandon Im thinking about loosing the stock trans cooler did you replace yours? I was looking at maybe somthing fan assisted??
Does this parts list cover everything to hook up to the stock system? I live way out in the Boonies so I want to have all on hand at the time of install.
Thanks Ralph
Goerand All the way!!

my brother has goerend, as does another friend of mine. they both like my HTS better than theirs. plus i can get ahold of dusty anytime needed. dusty bought me beer and pizza while he built my trans in front of me answering any questions i had and then taking it a step farther.
willy91...i could have gotten you the HTS.
also, dusty has two dodge diesel trucks, dave goerend doesnt even own a diesel truck...who do you think will have the answers without anything to look at?
not bashing dave's trans, as i have seen them hold up to quite a bit of abuse, but customer service stills wins everyday in my eyes.

Welp, I went and ordered my parts today:rockwoot: , got a 4gsk and a set of guages comming from Garett at Pure Diesel Power( awsome service and prices by the way). But I didn't order a valve body I think I'm going with HTS.

Schoust said:
Thanks Brandon! Hey Brandon Im thinking about loosing the stock trans cooler did you replace yours? I was looking at maybe somthing fan assisted??
Does this parts list cover everything to hook up to the stock system? I live way out in the Boonies so I want to have all on hand at the time of install.
Thanks Ralph
Goerand All the way!!
I didn't replace my stock coolers, I like them. I just moved the heat exchanged to below the front cross member.

willy91 you won't regret going with dusty, he has to have the best service out there , when a suncost dealer screwed mine all up (7000.00 worth) he fixed me all up for a heck of a deal. went from 2 suncaost in a month to 1 HTS for a season of pullin