Goerends vs. HTS?

joefarmer said:
Call up both of them and see which one you feel more comfortable supporting you after the sale.

Dave at Goerend has excellent customer service. When your dealer works with over the phone at 8:00pm on a Saturday night troubleshooting your tranny, they have good customer service.

Goerends vs. HTS

We just changed from using Suncoast to HTS,We are a lot happier with HTS Dusty is very nice to work with and we like the way his trannys shift,A lot better than Suncoast.To many problems with Suncoast and to hard to work with when ther is problems since Joe died.

Redline Diesel said:
We just changed from using Suncoast to HTS,We are a lot happier with HTS Dusty is very nice to work with and we like the way his trannys shift,A lot better than Suncoast.To many problems with Suncoast and to hard to work with when ther is problems since Joe died.

HTS, what converter?
Dusty, Top Shelf.
SunCoast will evolve and make it through this VERY difficult transition. All the people and parts are still there...except for Joe. :(

Just sent yet another customer down the road with a HTS tranny. He had a smile wider than TEXAS.(997 miles wide) Whoelse can build a tranny that will hit second gear so hard that a truck with just an EDGE HOT, intake and 5 inch exhaust gets sideways and smokes 35' NITTO's. I picked up a second in my quarter mile times with Dusty's tranny.$.02

sootman said:
Just sent yet another customer down the road with a HTS tranny. He had a smile wider than TEXAS.(997 miles wide) Whoelse can build a tranny that will hit second gear so hard that a truck with just an EDGE HOT, intake and 5 inch exhaust gets sideways and smokes 35' NITTO's. I picked up a second in my quarter mile times with Dusty's tranny.$.02

I hope mine turns out that good, but all I'm getting is his valve body and hopefully a billet input from them, going to be running a used tripple disk TC made by Pro Torque. Any body ever heard of them? I know they may not be as good as suncoast or goerends but for the price I got it for, I couldn't pass it up.

Last edited:
Redline Diesel said:
We are using the PRO TORQUE converter with HTS....great combo

Does it hold pretty well? How much power are you rnning to it? And is the stall speed pretty good? How tight of a converter is it? I don't know much about mine besides the fact that it's a tripple disk.

Goerends vs. HTS

I'll let you know the horsepower at scheids. Going to dyno should be 550 to 600. We can get the stall set where you want,1800 has been working good on the trucks we have done[we are a dealer fo HTS and PRO TORQUE]

Redline Diesel said:
I'll let you know the horsepower at scheids. Going to dyno should be 550 to 600. We can get the stall set where you want,1800 has been working good on the trucks we have done[we are a dealer fo HTS and PRO TORQUE]

You couldn't look up the specs on my torque converter if I gave you the serial nuber could you?

willy, i will call you in the morning when i have some answers for you.
Roy