Goin' "Oil Burner"

MAD JAX

(Student "Rod-Knox U" ; )
Greetings fellow "Oil Burners"!

I'm in the throes of converting My fleet:
'99 K3500 7.4 liter to '05 LLY Duramax w/4L80E
'49 Brill Bus-Conversion TD 427 BBC to '96 12v. 6-BT
'80 Formula 302 "Ciggarette" LS-6 BBC to '06 LLY Duramax

We'll just see what I can talk the little-lady into one of these days...(I'm hopin' a VW-TDI 'er ??? ; ) but She is on-board with the concept(s).

Having tired of too-many incidences past where (My idea of) "The persuit of Happiness" seemed to fall in-n-out of seige for some Sheik-Fart threatining an "Embargo", etc., I began looking into "Alternative Fuels"...that was in '79, and though at THAT time it seemed to be "Alcohol", then the Market got manipulated, and it was not-to-be-so. It's said "The more things change the more they stay the same!"...and so here we go, again for The World today?

The short-answer -- IMHO -- is "Oil Burner", cause hell 'r high-water they can jack the prices of fuel 'til it shuts-down the pumps -- and that they may well do! -- thanks to the likes of Rudolph Diesel (R.I.P.) We'll have Our ways around that...one of these days anyway, as I've got a lot to do to get "There", but as You read here...I am motivated.

I'm experienced in "Gas", etc., for having worked with it so long, and too, have -- primarily at that time for sake of knowing when NOT to mess with something! -- taken-in some education regading things-that-are-diesel, such as H.D. systems Maintainence and "Fundamentals of Diesel Fuel Systems", but there's no substitute for hands-on experience...hopefully it won't be too much of a Crash-Course, so Here I go!

In the endeavor of Learnin' what I can I'm also lookin' to share whatever thoughts 'n experiance I can...I'm thinkin' there's some kindred souls to be found here, and I hope to "Fit-in" as well...figuratively, I tend to roll fast 'n hard down the middle-of-the-road, so I'll be keep'n My "Politics", etc. in other forums where they'd rather belong.

In closing -- FWIW -- I am Growth Motivated, and My Glass is always at least Half-full...I'm really not P/O'ed all-the-time (M.A.D. is an acronym ; )

Looking forward, Ciao for now,
Jack (aka "Mobile Automotive Diagnosis")