Gonna Dyno The Truck Saturday....Advice PLZ??

m_reynolds

Exactly what the title says....I was just wondering the best way to go about it....I get 5 runs and I drive my own truck. I know to dyno in 5th gear, but my question is this....do I need to brake to put a load on the engine and build boost, then drop the hammer....or do I just need to have it in the lower rpms and drop the hammer with out applying the brake??

this is my first time on the dyno....

also, what gear should i use....Ive read to use 5th and ive also read to use 6th....??

Also, I am open to opinions on what HP/TQ you guys think I will lay down as well....Thanks

Dont they have people that run your truck for you where you live?

Thats how most of the dyno places are around here...

ive seen both ways get the rpms low and floor it and then hold the break and start spooling the turbo then let er go. I believe wen you dont hold the break you get better hp but when you hold the break you get better torque at least thats what i have noticed a couple times and on how much hp you will be cranking im assuming you have the 4.10 so i would guess about 400 maybe 425 but torque you should do really well espically if you get your turbo to lite fairly early like 900-950. Also im assuming you have stock tires

ive seen both ways get the rpms low and floor it and then hold the break and start spooling the turbo then let er go. I believe wen you dont hold the break you get better hp but when you hold the break you get better torque at least thats what i have noticed a couple times and on how much hp you will be cranking im assuming you have the 4.10 so i would guess about 400 maybe 425 but torque you should do really well espically if you get your turbo to lite fairly early like 900-950. Also im assuming you have stock tires

i am running 3:55 gears and running 285/75 R16 tires

on my truck i use to have an intake quadzilla adrenline and exhaust same gears as you except it was on 37x13.50 and i dynoed on run of just flooring it without the brake and did 334hp and 744torque. What rpms does your turbo really start to spool on the street?

I did 444 in 4th and that was just hoding it at 50mph and hammer down. We tried in 5th just light on the brakes for a second and it loaded up quick then clutch let go! I can tell you getting the brakes a little does help. We tried to load it up with the brakes in fourth and clutch wouldnt hold. I would try it both ways. Also if you run it in high gear it will help to load it up a little.

on my truck i use to have an intake quadzilla adrenline and exhaust same gears as you except it was on 37x13.50 and i dynoed on run of just flooring it without the brake and did 334hp and 744torque. What rpms does your turbo really start to spool on the street?

turbo spools at about 1800-1900.....

I'd just floor it down low on a couple runs, and then trying dragging the brakes till you hear the turbo start to spool on the last few runs. It takes a bit of practice to do it right the first few times.

I wouldn't be supriesed at all i really think your lookin at about 475 and 1050 i've been to a few dynos though. I need to dyno mine bad cause im running in the 2.6 class next year but i still got to drop the truck down and put on the 33's Then it should put down some good numbers.:woohoo:

If a DynoJet:

Use 6th
Don't drag the brakes
Get it into 6th and hold RPM around 1000. When you apply the throttle do not hammer it but rather push it so that it takes 1-2 seconds to be fully open.

Back