good 5r100 transmissions

doomsdaydiesel

i have a 2004 with a 6.0l in it i am trying to hit 1000 rwhp and cant find a transmission to stand up to power. last year i was putting down about 600 rwhp and i took out 3 NAPC heavy hauler transmissions.

does anyone make a product that will last for more then 3 months??

Shawn's truck, which actually makes 1,000hp, has an NADP and holds just fine. What are you doing wrong?

i have no clue the first on pilled up the cluches. then when we got the second one in it i gave it to my mother to drive because she drives like a little old lady and it was slipping. now i have the third one in it and it seems to be doing good but i got alot more power going into this year and i am worried about more issues plus its off warrenty i am just wondering if anyone makes a better transmission for the next time (if there is a next time).

From what it sounds it may be the something in the tune. Who does your tuning for you?

Huh sounds like there is something going on in the tuning somewhere down the line. Shoot a pm to Shawn and see what they do for tuning.

well i got a new tune because of the issues and it was working great. then i got hit by a car and they pulled my licence. so i took the time and did a cam and injectors now i have a new tune and i dont know whats going to happen. but i am just wondering what the best transmission to put behind a 6.0l.

Because lets face it once you hit the third one after being told they are unbreakable you kinda loose faith. (know what i mean)

I always thought NADP was the best i haven't heard of anyone having problems like you have had. I am getting ready to put a trans in my truck and i was going to go with NADP but i will see what everyone else says.

well from what i have hurd the dodge trans that nadp puts out are great i havent hurd much for issues. i live in edmonton and spend alot of time and money at nadp so i do talk to alot of people there but as for the dodge ones they have had little problems but i havent hurd anything like my issues. i also know a few people that have them behind there dodges and swear by them. those are the people that convinced me to put one in my truck.

what do people think about the ATS trans? (they have better warrenties)(does that mean they believe in there product that much?)

gogo diesel Doug seems to know his stuff when it comes to 6.0 and he claims he can build a bulletproof tranny, he's a member on here and powerstroke nation. ATS has a horrible reputation for customer service and theres a member on here on his fifth ATS trans.

ok i am glad to know ats doesnt stand behind there stuff.
does gogo diesel doug work for a trans shop or is he like a back yard guy?

So does Eric know that your trying to throw 400 hp worth of nitrous through the 6.0L?
I'm just looking at your sig, and wonder why you keep screwing up transmissions???
Shawn has over 1000hp, Tyler has prolly just as much, but not saying anything, I have had just over 600 through my NADP transmission...never have issues with it at all.
We are all running Eric's tunes, so I would have to lean on your driving methods, or you not telling Eric the whole story of what your doing with the truck.

I'm a back yard kind of guy, that does Solidworks 3D CAD modeling. That ATS converter won't hold your power level. They rate them at 700 and we put 700 to it. It blew up the retarded stator design that they machine from the stock piece.

We use different clutches from everyone else which have higher heat capabilities. All of the pistons are machined in house on a CNC. Billet inputs and billet intermediates are actually billet and not cryo'd stock parts. Our solenoids are done in house. Converters are done locally.

And if you really wanted to make that thing over built. I can cut the bellhousing off of it and put a new one on that will contain the flexplate explosion. Who else can do that?

I was wondering if there is an SFI flexplate for the 6.0L?
Guys like shawn must need them when they run 10 something, don't they?

I was wondering if there is an SFI flexplate for the 6.0L?
Guys like shawn must need them when they run 10 something, don't they?

There are SFI flex plates. ATS makes one. That would be the only part I would get from them.

They are machined for the counter weight. I have designed one that has the option to bolt on the imbalance which would allow it to be run on engines that have had the engine internally balanced or on stock balance setups.

I'm a back yard kind of guy, that does Solidworks 3D CAD modeling. That ATS converter won't hold your power level. They rate them at 700 and we put 700 to it. It blew up the retarded stator design that they machine from the stock piece.

We use different clutches from everyone else which have higher heat capabilities. All of the pistons are machined in house on a CNC. Billet inputs and billet intermediates are actually billet and not cryo'd stock parts. Our solenoids are done in house. Converters are done locally.

And if you really wanted to make that thing over built. I can cut the bellhousing off of it and put a new one on that will contain the flexplate explosion. Who else can do that?

whats the cost on your top of the line trans run with out shipping?

whats the cost on your top of the line trans run with out shipping?

What are you breaking in your units? Are you replacing the cooler up front after each disaster? You started with a 04 model year unit. Did you get yours built? Did they put in the 05+ planetary set? Lots of things to look at intead of a blanket price. You may need upgraded hard parts.

honestly i had some friends with this trans behind there dodge i took my truck there and said put in the top of the line trans with everything. they did replace the cooler but didnt replace the lines.

the trans they put in was the heavy hauler and it had a better torque converter. they were supposed to put the upgraded planetarys and clutches.

now i dont know what they did do or didnt do but i am not going to say they didnt do anything. because i dont think they would lye to there customers. (i hope not)

honestly i had some friends with this trans behind there dodge i took my truck there and said put in the top of the line trans with everything. they did replace the cooler but didnt replace the lines.

the trans they put in was the heavy hauler and it had a better torque converter. they were supposed to put the upgraded planetarys and clutches.

now i dont know what they did do or didnt do but i am not going to say they didnt do anything. because i dont think they would lye to there customers. (i hope not)

So you put the torqshift behind the cummins and then had problems. Some punctuation and clarification would go a long way in this.

Back