Gooseneck or bumper pull trailer

2Tone12V

Looks like everything on here is sold from what I found. Or way out of my budget. I'm looking for something with about 18-20 deck space and a dove. I'm open to a bumper pull or gooseneck. It's only going to be used to pull the drag truck. So 10k-14k gvw will be good. Don't need dual tandem axles or anything. Let me know if you or anyone has something. More than likely I'm going to loan on it cause I'm cashed out from building the truck.

2000 big tex 20+5, 14K pop up dove tail, slide in ramps.

Good shape, I never drove it in salt the 8 or so years I had it. While in MO it sat under roof most of the time, deck is in good shape. Single front jack and it lifts the trailer fine, however you have to tie it up while traveling. Been that way since I owned it.

I have no idea really what it is worth, I was thinking $3750?

I will see what I have. Do you have an email, might be easier to email them.

damn somebody just pulled the robbery on ole speedo boy

That's ok. Dan's a bit high to me on a 14 year old trailer with single jack that has to be tied up to travel.

EDIT: Dan not saying the trailers not worth it. Just saying I think I can find a better deal if I'm patient. But maybe not.

Last edited:
That's ok. Dan's a bit high to me on a 14 year old trailer with single jack that has to be tied up to travel.

EDIT: Dan not saying the trailers not worth it. Just saying I think I can find a better deal if I'm patient. But maybe not.

As I said I am not sure what it is worth. I do know that I have seen other trailers and I can say that mine is in better shape than alot of ones I have seen. Especially the deck. Not sure if it the fact that it sat inside and not in the sun, or all the oil from my puller LOL, maybe a combination of both. FYI a new jack is $169. LOL Do some shopping around, I will get some pics up. I hadn't really thought about selling it, but it probably will just sit as I think a bumper tow would be better suited for what I need. You might be fine with a bumper pull, as your race truck is a short wheelbase correct and I imagine quite a bit lighter.

Just my $.02

I bought my new 2013 Becker 23+5 tandem dual trailer for only $7500. All the wiring is sealed. One of the best quality trailers I've purchased.

Just an FYI to all, call the manufactures and buy direct. I did this back in 2005 and got am 18' BP 12k straight deck trailer for $1800 brand new, brakes only on one axle though. I have used and abused that trailer and it still pulls straight as an arrow and has never let me down. It is on its third set of tires, second set of brakes, both axles now brake, and getting ready to put its third set of deck boards on it. Very much worth the money I spent on it.

Jerry James Trailers in Sikeston, MO is where I got it from.

http://www.jerryjamestrailersinc.com/

*EDIT*

I would recommend a GN over a BP just from personal preference though. I have both, and if I had to chose which one to use, most of the time I chose the GN.

Last edited:
No way I would ever buy a bumper pull. Used one 2 years ago and they are terrible compared to gooseneck

phone

No way I would ever buy a bumper pull. Used one 2 years ago and they are terrible compared to gooseneck

Although looking at one in an RV...due to price difference, no way in hell would I ever buy a bumper pull trailer to haul anything larger than a lawn mower on as far as a flatbed trailer is concerned. They pull like step children and maneuverability is bouncing on non-existent. My $.02 BPA.

I can get by with just a little ass trailer for this year. Truck is 6000 lbs. But I'm not pulling the slicks on and off each time. I want to drive on and drive off. Or drive off winch on. Whatever the case may be. I'd prefer a gooseneck. If I HAVE to I will use a bumper pull for this year only just because finances are tight. Then I'll sell and buy a different trailer next year.

I disagree on the GN over bumper pull. It REALLY depends on what you are using it for. That little 6000 lb truck would be fine on a bumper pull. I use an 18' bumper pull car hauler I bought of CL for $1200 to haul my truck to the races. Granted I used a '12 C&C Dodge, so it doesn't bother it to have a little more tongue weight.

I like having the bed space in the tow vehicle, not having to swing wide on every turn, easier to back up, never worrying about the neck touching the bed/tailgate. Now, I love me a good low boy gooseneck, drive-over fenders, etc, but they aren't cheap.

Are you going to take a pit vehicle of any sort? If you are going on LONG trips, you'll prob like the GN for the extra space.

I disagree on the GN over bumper pull. It REALLY depends on what you are using it for. That little 6000 lb truck would be fine on a bumper pull. I use an 18' bumper pull car hauler I bought of CL for $1200 to haul my truck to the races. Granted I used a '12 C&C Dodge, so it doesn't bother it to have a little more tongue weight.

I like having the bed space in the tow vehicle, not having to swing wide on every turn, easier to back up, never worrying about the neck touching the bed/tailgate. Now, I love me a good low boy gooseneck, drive-over fenders, etc, but they aren't cheap.

Are you going to take a pit vehicle of any sort? If you are going on LONG trips, you'll prob like the GN for the extra space.

Hey!! My trucks not little m'fer! LOL

Fitting the front slicks between the trailer wheel wells is the only real issue with most bumper pulls. Guess I could always build a ramp that is the height of the trailer by the wheel wells to drive over.

I have pulled both, with a 3/4 ton truck on each, I highly prefer a GN over a BP by a large margin.... personal preference I guess

Sent from phone

I was in your exact shoes a year ago. Didn't know what to buy. I never towed a gn before and didn't know the main differences. I will say I'm glad I bought the gn. It tows much nicer. Only thing I miss is how a bumper pull follows you. Gn makes you swing wide, but it's well worth it. Plus with a bumper pull you have to be pretty caucious about how far up you pull the vehicle on, and which direction you have it for optimal tongue weight. Not soo much with a gn.

My order of importance is like this.

1. Good cost of course
2. Have to either clear the fenders or drive over the fenders cause I don't want to pull the slicks off.
3. Gooseneck or bumper pull. Without a doubt I prefer a gooseneck. But beggers can't be choosers. So this year I'm open as long as 1 and 2 are good.

Back