Gooseneck, Tandem duals or triple axle?

farm boy and cumminspuller have it right

well in my opinion at least... ive pulled both, and DT is better suited all the way around. the heavier sence of it behind you is a tradeoff to the tire peeling on the TA...

I have a 27+5 Pro Trak that I bought new in 2009 and its got tandem duals. I bought it for hauling my 03 around and my old mans back hoe. Ive overloaded a couple times and never had any problems. I still have the original tires on it. Mine has oil bath axles and has a deck height of 33 inches because they run the crossmembers through the frame rails. I would definitely buy another td trailer.

I'd say duals all the way. Load-Trail and Load-Max trailers are built by the same company and are extremely tough trailers over built but still fairly light. I have 2 friends with 14k 25' of each(trail and max) empty the trailers weigh just a touch under 2 ton and the frame is the same as their 18k and 21k trailers. I have a 22k 36' load max with dual tandems. I just got it and didn't haul anything with it yet but it looks like its built just as good as the others. The thing I really liked about them is they have 2 jacks up front standard so if you have to let the trailer sit loaded its no problem.

Dont they make a 10k axle with single tires and not dualls?
I have also pulled both and personally have a 25+5 with TD and like it way better than a tripple axle. only bad part is buying 8 tires instead of 6!

Dont they make a 10k axle with single tires and not dualls?
I have also pulled both and personally have a 25+5 with TD and like it way better than a tripple axle. only bad part is buying 8 tires instead of 6!

You can still buy just 6, only put 2 on one axle. LOL

Yes....and that's the ticket. 19.5 tires that last FOREVER on a 10k dexter spring axle or torflex for plus ride. They are awesome...just rare. Redneck trailer supply has everything.

A triple turns a bit harder but most of the time you can get a heavier payload with triples. If it were me I would go with the triple (less tires to replace :) )

I just bought a 30 ft triple from a buddy and it pulls great. The truck rides better than the dual. The only thing that I cans see is that the tires on the front axle might wear a little quicker from draging when turning.

Dual tandems are rough riding, tow heavy cause the more rolling resistance from the extra tires plus flex more since the frame is alot narrower than the triple(the torque tube helps this problem)

Triples tow and track great, ride smoother, flex less but are hard on tires if not loaded and setup right. First thing to do is know how to balance the load between the truck and trailer so the trailer axles are evenly loaded. I can't even count all the trailers I see going down the road pointing uphill or down hill. Second most important thing for me is to run either load range g Goodyear tires. That will stop the excessive tire wear And peeling.

My personal opinion is the tridem setup is retarded and for guys who need to try and impress people. There is no need for that. Maybe you need a bigger truck to be safe anyway. A pickup has its handling capabilities and the horsepower can deff exceed that. Not to mention you can buy a used stepdeck with beavertail for half the price of the tridem and take the other half and buy a single axle tractor to pull it with

Of course I also drive a semi for a living though so I might be biased. Lol

Picked this up Thursday night after lots of searching. I'm glad to be mostly over the days of feeling bad borrowing trailers when the landscape trailer wasn't enough.
2008 Brute. 23+5' 24,999lb gvwr.
photo37.jpg

photo38.jpg

photo39.jpg

photo36.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures.