Gorilla Main Bearing Girdle

BCB

i have that exact girdle. I had Randy, the voice on the video, modify my oil pan for me, no leaks. He has a little hydrolic press with a jig and it takes him maybe 1 minute to modify the pan.

Randy is a great guy and has done machine work on a few engines for some friends of mine. Great guy and a very nice shop. I wouldn't be worried about the quality of a part from him.

anybody have any pictures? is it something that would be easy to do myself? I'm more then likely already sending him my rods and Pistons i'd like to avoid sending my oil pan too just to get him to bend it.

i sent them a message about if the girdle will work on a 6.7 motor if so i got another item to be installing for my motor build.:bang

i have that exact girdle. I had Randy, the voice on the video, modify my oil pan for me, no leaks. He has a little hydrolic press with a jig and it takes him maybe 1 minute to modify the pan.

Roughly how thick is it? By the pictures it looks like only maybe 0.250"?

i thought i remember a while back reading about one that was 5/8". these look way thinner than that.

does anyone make one of these to be used with 12mm main studs.

i really have no desire to drill and tap the block to 14mm

nice. looks real clean.

i think im going to skip over the girdle for now, cant see needing it an a 550-600hp truck that spins to 3600

Maybe this one: Performance Diesel Warehouse - Products for Dodge, Ford, and Chevy Duramax.

I believe MAXTORQ on here build a truck for another member on here and used a 5/8" girdle: The Build Up - DieselRam.com

Yes the one that was used is 5/8 thick and require the main caps to be machined. The truck belongs to Big Country.

Like the above from I had to modify the the rear two stud nuts to clearance the pan Haisley studs where used . I also had to channel the cross member in the truck in order for it to fit . No biggy as I just cut what was necessary and boxed it back in with thicker metal. You also have to use longer pan bolts. The girdle being that it mated flush with the block used a avaition sealant that was pliable but would withstand oil and not push . Grey RTV could be used .

The above girdle looks like it requires no machining , but it's just a main girdle.

Last edited:
Back