Got a little blow-by

03CUMMINS18

Ducks
I have the video but you can't really see the smoke. I called my mechanic and he said what I described isn't too big of an issue. It's not constant smoke just tiny puffs of thin white smoke.
Any ideas on what I can do to fix this besides injectors? I need new ones but can't afford them at the moment.
nysasy7u.jpg

If you look at the 4 & 5 injectors they are super clean in the picture, we started the truck and cranked RP to 23k and they didn't leak a drop but I still think I need to replace those ones.
Any info is greatly appreciated

Edit: I don't know how to post the video but I can send it to somebody who does know how.

Sent from a broken iPhone

Last edited:
It ain't hurt. Run it.

That's what I figured, been running it and hauling really heavy. Hasn't acted any different since I first got it except when I don't run opti lube it lopes like crazy.

Sounds like what mine does. I just run mine and if and when something lets loose I'll upgrade everything

Does anyone have an idea of why those 2 injectors were so clean? I figured they were leaking but like I said at 23k RP nothing came out so I have no idea.

sounds normal to me

210K miles and i have a little blowby.. could smell rotella out the tube.. but very little smoke.. could barely see it actually... and does not drip a bit of oil..

my 290K 12 valve drips very very little, and smokes a little more...

my mechanic said both were nothing to worry about.. so i just let em be...

sounds normal to me

210K miles and i have a little blowby.. could smell rotella out the tube.. but very little smoke.. could barely see it actually... and does not drip a bit of oil..

my 290K 12 valve drips very very little, and smokes a little more...

my mechanic said both were nothing to worry about.. so i just let em be...

At idle does yours randomly kick? Mines done that a few times now and I can't figure out what it is. It's not the normal grid heater cycle kicking on its just a random kick in the motor and shakes the truck then does it again in like 30 seconds.

Dude I have 440,000 miles on my 03. It had the injectors replaced under warrenty at 96,000. And one injector at 205,000. All was done at dodge from day one by the previous owner to 350,000 then I got it. My truck is a freak of nature.

Dude I have 440,000 miles on my 03. It had the injectors replaced under warrenty at 96,000. And one injector at 205,000. All was done at dodge from day one by the previous owner to 350,000 then I got it. My truck is a freak of nature.

I hope to run this one past that. But I don't have enough for major repairs at the moment. Pretty soon I'm gonna just put brand new injectors in and send these to be tested. They were replaced at 117,000 and I now have 146,800

At idle does yours randomly kick? Mines done that a few times now and I can't figure out what it is. It's not the normal grid heater cycle kicking on its just a random kick in the motor and shakes the truck then does it again in like 30 seconds.

Any DTCS?

mine was a FC.. have a thread on it..but dont rule out the injector(s) or FCA

It's fine. I wouldn't worry until it has enough pressure to blow the cap out of your hand.:hehe:

Any DTCS?

mine was a FC.. have a thread on it..but dont rule out the injector(s) or FCA

Just the normal p0602 from the programmer. And FC? Sorry, noobness.
And where is the FCA at and how could I check it?
Thanks for all the input fellas.

I'd say you're fine. My dd drips some oil but she's seen 4300 rpm on the street about 10 times today.

Back