Got a PROBLEM!! NEED your help!!!

Big Swole

MegaInterceptor
Ok, this is driving me Crazy!!

I'm running BD Crazy Larrry stacked with a TS MP8.....I have the Outlook monitor so I can control programs on the fly...

recently had to replace the Outlook with required disconnecting all hook ups..Then reconnecting them with the replacement..Also, recently had a new Valve body modified and installed.....Also just recently installed my II Silver 62......

Truck has been running fine lately.......I did also recent upgrade to the 2.4.1 C.L. program which has the ablility to remove TQ mngmnt, change rev limiter, and change the speed limiter.......All of which I did.....I removed TQ man, changed my speed to 130mph, and played with the rev limiter by moving it to 3700rpms.....The truck was doing fine so far.....felt strong and shifted well...

The other day ( a week or so later from any changes) I was running along at approx. 30-40 mph and matted it...it downshifted and ran 2nd gear out to the rev limiter and started BOUNCING off of it....It just stayed in 2nd gear until i let up on the accelerater...

NOW, It does it all the time....I tried rolling starts, and off the line starts. It will shift into 2nd from 1st but it holds 2nd gear all the way to the limiter and then starts bouncing off of it until i let up......... =/ ????????

WTF......????????

The only way to let it shift now is the let up..........

SO, i changed all the settings back to normal.........I even totally unloaded the BD program and put the truck back to STOCK for a while. IT STILL DID IT!!!!....I added TQ man. again, and set the REV limiter back to stock, and even set the Speed lim. back to stock.........IT STILL DOES IT!!!!
Is there a possiblity that the ecm is screwed and needs to be Reflashed???

Got a call into Jeff G. but haven't made contact yet to see what he thinks.....

IS THIS A PROGRAMING ISSUE OR IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE TRANNY.....I.E. TRASH IN THE VALVE BODY OR FILTER????????

Whats the use in having a Fast truck when you can't go Fast....=(

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!......OH, maybe its just me but since its been doing this, the motor / injectors sounds louder than normal......Maybe its because of the extra REVS.....My trucks always shifted at around 3000 -3200 EVEN AFTER RAISING THE REV AND SPEED LIM..AND REMOVING TQ MAN......I've never seen it go to 3700 like that...Even when I first changed the REV limiter....

What Do I Do??

Last edited:
Big Swole said:
Bump

Any Idea fellas/ladies???

Sounds like you have a tranny problem. valvebody solenoids. gov. prssure. did you put the old electronics on the new VB or did it come complete?

sootman said:
Sounds like you have a tranny problem. valvebody solenoids. gov. prssure. did you put the old electronics on the new VB or did it come complete?

I agree with the above statement.

Answer the above questions an we'll go from there.

Agreed.....tranny problems more specifically valve body. I know my truck used to have solenoid issues...it would hang up in 3rd gear and throw codes...but no more!

Check for codes. some of those solenoids will throw codes but no CEL

sootman said:

Came Complete.....new everything....filter and all......Straight from the Dodge dealer....

You think it's trash in there somewhere???

973604x4 said:
Agreed.....tranny problems more specifically valve body. I know my truck used to have solenoid issues...it would hang up in 3rd gear and throw codes...but no more!

Check for codes. some of those solenoids will throw codes but no CEL

Checked for codes last night.....It says "no DTC's".........but for some reason, its been saying that ever since i upgraded to the 2.4.1 program.....I used to get codes for my lift pump continuously because of my FASS. But now, NO CODES.....that weird too.....

I'll call BD on that one......What was that guys name you said talk to at BD?

Crawler said:
I agree with the above statement.

Answer the above questions an we'll go from there.

On Duty all Weekend, but off all week next week....Gonna go see Jeff Mon. or so....

Hope to get it fixed before the Shop Day on Sat.........Well, I should still be able to dyno it once the TC locks......It shifts fine if driven like a Sane person......Just hangs up in 2nd if you got it to the floor....

I'm betting a pressure solenoid went south on ya. They tend to do that at random.

Big Swole said:
Came Complete.....new everything....filter and all......Straight from the Dodge dealer....

You think it's trash in there somewhere???

I have seen gov. pressure sol. and transducer bad right out of the box. Did you put a stock valvebody in your tranny? I thought Jeff just built that one? The only guy that I know of that has a fix for all the problems with the 05 valvebody is Dusty hawk.

sootman said:
I have seen gov. pressure sol. and transducer bad right out of the box. Did you put a stock valvebody in your tranny? I thought Jeff just built that one? The only guy that I know of that has a fix for all the problems with the 05 valvebody is Dusty hawk.

He did just build it, but I had some shuttle shifting issue that he and I didn't like, so I talked my buddy at the local Dodge dealer to warranty mine...Acutally, he just sent back some parts and just handed me a new Valvebody in a box.......Then Jeff did all his magic on it........I sat and watched everything......The tranny was shifting better and it seemed to have fixed most of the shuttle shifting issues....

Then it just started acting like this ....All of the sudden.......

Tonight I was testing it again.....Left the light 1st, 2nd it held all the way to almost 3500 RPM's then I back off to let it shift to 3rd........I rolled a little ways then matted it again in 3rd and then the RPM's just shot up again and it started banging off the rev limiter..........WEIRD.......

I don't know much but learning.....Seems like it has issues with WOT......

Is that what the s'noid's and gov pres sen's do?????

DANG! I can't wait to get this fixed.........It SUX!!!

sootman said:

BTW.......Why is the 05 valvebody SO Chity ?????

What does Dusty do that Jeff or anybody else isn't doing???

I was pretty happy until this started....and, I'm sure is has nothing to do with Jeff's work........Probably just the chity LUCK.....I tend to have this sort of thing happen to me A LOT!!!:eek:wned:

Big Swole said:
BTW.......Why is the 05 valvebody SO Chity ?????

What does Dusty do that Jeff or anybody else isn't doing???

I was pretty happy until this started....and, I'm sure is has nothing to do with Jeff's work........Probably just the chity LUCK.....I tend to have this sort of thing happen to me A LOT!!!:eek:wned:

Dusty has the hydraulic circuitry in a Dodge tranny down to a science. He has fixed the 06 shuttle problems and the 05's. I had the same problem with my tranny but it was the TS Performance lockup controller screwing up my tranny. It wouldn't shift out of 1st at WOT. Just for the heck of it....look under the truck on the tranny tailhousing right behind the pan on the drivers side. There is a white sensor with two wires. make sure it is plugged in also make sure both the round plug and rectangular plug by your shift linkage are plugged in correctly. The solenoid plug(round one) can cause limp mode but not throw any codes in ECM. If it isn't any of these things. I would say you got valvebody electrical issue's.:bang

sootman said:
Dusty has the hydraulic circuitry in a Dodge tranny down to a science. He has fixed the 06 shuttle problems and the 05's. I had the same problem with my tranny but it was the TS Performance lockup controller screwing up my tranny. It wouldn't shift out of 1st at WOT. Just for the heck of it....look under the truck on the tranny tailhousing right behind the pan on the drivers side. There is a white sensor with two wires. make sure it is plugged in also make sure both the round plug and rectangular plug by your shift linkage are plugged in correctly. The solenoid plug(round one) can cause limp mode but not throw any codes in ECM. If it isn't any of these things. I would say you got valvebody electrical issue's.:bang

Thanks for the advice....I'm on duty today and tmrw. and doing late night partime security jobs both nights. But will check them first thing MON.....

Has to be something like that for it to be working fine one min. then just stop shifting correctly at WOT.....When driven normally, It works just fine!......Go figure!!

ALSO, NOBODY'S SEND ANYTHING ABOUT IT BEING SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY BULLYDOG PROGRAM OR OUTLOOK MONITOR OR TS MP8 BOX.............SO I CAN RULE THESE OUT??????????????????

I was also going to try to take everything off and return to stock Once again just to make sure.....But, I won't go to the trouble if there's no reason.............

Last edited:
Big Swole said:
Thanks for the advice....I'm on duty today and tmrw. and doing late night partime security jobs both nights. But will check them first thing MON.....

Has to be something like that for it to be working fine one min. then just stop shifting correctly at WOT.....When driven normally, It works just fine!......Go figure!!

ALSO, NOBODY'S SEND ANYTHING ABOUT IT BEING SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY BULLYDOG PROGRAM OR OUTLOOK MONITOR OR TS MP8 BOX.............SO I CAN RULE THESE OUT??????????????????

I was also going to try to take everything off and return to stock Once again just to make sure.....But, I won't go to the trouble if there's no reason.............

mp8 won't cause this problem. bullydog doesn't manipulate tranny shifts.$.02

02psd7.3 said:
your tranny is junk

Very Insiteful!!!! You come up with that ALL on you Own????

:kick:

Try again, next time try to offer some help!!!

i would try to look at the connecters as sootman recommended then if that doesnt help just replace the transducer and soleniod they are cheap, if that doesnt help it is an internal regulator valve issue. I see more issues with them nowdays then ever before. take the V/B out and apart check that all your valves are moving unrestricted.

just to be on the safe side unplug the mp8 mine went bad and i had simlar issues