Got a question

cushion101990

I came across a really good deal on a 24v with only 100k. The only thing is its out a fl60. My.plan is to p pump and swap into my superduty. I know the.engine has one extra mount and a air compressor instead of a vacuum. Is there any other differences? Would this engine be harder to swap then just a 24v from a dodge?

the different stuff is the intake horn, accessory brackets etc..

block / heads all the same

Thought a 24 v info would go in 98-02 cummins. Makes sense. And ive been searching with.little to no findings. I didnt ask for the moon just a simple question. I kno how to do the.fummins swap just askin the differences

like said intake horn, exhaust manifold, air comp where p/s & v/p would be, possibly a different lower and upper radiator hose mount locations, and various other minor things. just depends on the truck and its configuration. if you have seen one or the other its obvious whats different.

A buddy of mine just swapped an MD 12v into a Chevy and it wasn't too bad. If you have a good source for parts it'll help a bunch as I can get expensive to reconfigure at Cummins prices.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

One other thing, it had a much deeper pan than a Dodge and had to be clearanced for the diff. He just cut a section out, flipped it and welded it back in.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

i believe the fl oil ans are front sump.......with a front pick up tube

so you will need a truck oil pan and pick up tube

it is lifted truck

Crossmember clearance is the problem. Doesn't matter if it's lifted or not.

BTW, buy a p pumped 12V and be done with it. If you own a 24V dodge that's one thing. Buying a 24V, p pumping, and putting it in a ford is another.