Got bored...took some new pics

SINNER said:
cool i wasn't sure if you wrapped or painted the stock ones or found someone who makes the stock style tinted. any problems with adhesion on the plastic?
No problems at all...they were done at a body shop with PPG automotive paints.
DCSpecial has a how to somewhere I think on how to do them with model paint. I had that done before and it works well also....for a lot less money.

Rich,

Looks good :rockwoot:

SINNER,

My tail lights and 3rd brake are tinted as well...

Sand the tails with 1000 grit
Clean with wax and grease remover
Tint (light even coats)
Clear (light even coats)

I used "Transparent Black Window Tint" from the model section at Hobby Lobby and a High Gloss Clear Acrylic Sealer that I also got at Hobby Lobby.

Or, you could have them done by a body shop with black mixed with clear.

The model tint comes in 3.0 oz cans.....one can should be enough.
I used 2 cans the first time and they were black.....cops weren't a fan.

yea..either the HD lights or take the apart and paint them yourself..that would look schweet

Looks like junk .... I think you should sell it to me!!:cheer:

Rich,
Didnt you have a different hood at one time?

thanks guys sorry about the hi jack rich. are you going to the ts race. i owe you a drink for the tip to look at the turbo boot.

:thankyou2:

It looks purdy.......... would be purdier if it didn't have that ugly blue oval on the front.......

crewgirl said:
It looks purdy.......... would be purdier if it didn't have that ugly blue oval on the front.......
At least I don't drive a Camaro. LOL :eek:wned:

lookin' pimpazz!
at first i thought it needed the HD lights, but now i like the normal ones

I don't care for the slammed look with the big rims.

Every time I see a picture of that truck I think about how great that thing would look with a huge set of stickies out back.

Truck looks good!

I just bought some 18" Ford SVT wheels (who knew they made them?) and got them on lastnight. I'm ready to get rid of the rake now. Prolly a stupid question, but are you running the DI drop shackles in the rear? Any problems with clearance over the axle with the 5"?

Last edited:
rich i love the new look, if it was me i would totaly eliminate the mirors :} does anyone sell anything to do it????
robert

Well that thing is tight. I like the look. I would consider the HD head lights. and Me I'm not at all into chrome so I would 86 all of the chrome. But that's just me. It looks pretty sweet on your truck though.