Got it started!!!! but need help

Destination

Mechanically Injected
I got started and it sounds great but, I have no lift pump and, no tach. any suggestions?

Check your cam sensor. Make sure its plugged in and is snug and is at the proper clearance. I've seen one case of the adapter being machined wrong and setting the sensor at the wrong depth.

how much clearance is there suppose to be? I lossened the sensor and wiggled it around with it running and still nuthing. Do you think that might be why my airdog isnt running also?

if you think the cam sensor isnt reading you can put a volt meter on the sensor and measure the AC voltage output. that would tell you if the sensor is seeing the tone ring on the cam gear or not.

how much clearance is there suppose to be? I lossened the sensor and wiggled it around with it running and still nuthing. Do you think that might be why my airdog isnt running also?

Bump the starter. If you lift pump runs for half a minute, then your cam sensor is why the pump isn't running. If it doesn't run, then you likely have a second cause for the pump not running.

it cycles when you turn the key, but thats it. nuthin if you bump the starter.

I ended up having to change my CPS. Also if you have an airdog or fass check the relay and inline fuse.

Also if you plan on running high rpms I would wire the fuel pump relay to turn on with the ignition(switched 12v). My computer was shutting off the lift pump at anything over 4300 rpm when it was hooked to the stock lift pump connector.

I think I found my problem

100_0504.jpg

If you don't have one, you need the relocation bracket for the cam sensor.

not that i know of. Destination told me that they were supposed to have it rady to run. They did talk about the different relocation brackets and was supposed to be the right one. I would say they messed that up.Lol

Ya cause unless they cast their own housings then that hole is supposed to be ground down and offset some.

ya i made sure they knew i have an 01so that they would give the correct relocation bracket, but i guess somebody wasnt paying attention. this is the second piece that was wrong in the kit. the first was the pump gear. they wound up sending me a cam gear for a m11 cummins.
I knew something was wrong cause it went back together way to easy.

o well i still have plenty of time before next pulling season.

well put the correct adapter on last night and everything works know. Was out driving it today. all i can say is wow should have done this alooonnnggg time ago.

well, were is the video of a big smokey burnout. i want to see how the pump runs on someone elses truck.