Got my 05 conversion parts *pics*

05BHD said:
dc, the king ranch has the tan on the top piece. As for the hd grill going on my 3rd replacement from ford for the bending at the top of the grill but they cant give me the old one because the warranty has to get it back im sure they just junk them though.

well kinda..they are only beige on the single rear wheel truck because they come from the factory with fender flares..the DRW trucks are color coded because they do not have the flares..but they are all paintable..mine was originally white..I would waste the time searching for a KR bumper..JMO

I agree.....it'd be easier just to paint the top cover if that's what you want.

Finding used painted bumpers isn't real easy...at least not on ebay. Lots of XL bumpers though.

is that so Danny Boy?

here is 4 chrome ones and 2 painted ones..

Hi, my name is Adam and I am an eBayaholic...

LMAO

Abrannan19 said:
is that so Danny Boy?

here is 4 chrome ones and 2 painted ones..

Hi, my name is Adam and I am an eBayaholic...

LMAO

Where is here?

Only "painted ones" on ebay right now...that I found are argent gray XL series bumpers. These have the textured top pads that need to be smoothed prior to paint. The ones I saw that were currently up are off of 450s/550s and have the little flares on the side too.

I have a 250/350 05-07 XL series bumper that I recently got from the guy on ebay....it wasn't listed but I emailed him

that's freakin funny I forgot to post the link,but yes they were on ebay.

You can also get the HD grille from www.powerstrokeshop.com I think it is like 230 shipped... Those guys pretty much got everything...I am sure they know me by name ...since I email them so much asking them questions.
good luck,
Steven

Yep, I got both of the 05+ bumpers I've bought off of ebay.

I got a all white sport package bumper from hendrys2004 (I cut this one up and got the black one I gave to Rich in on trade)
And the XL series that I just got from tx-take-off-king.

I think they are the same place.....both said shipped from hendry's.

They are indeed the same place Dan. I drove over to Channelview to their place to get mine. You wouldnt believe the stuff they have there.....

Yeah, they always have more than what's listed on ebay.

But finding a all painted sport/HD/KR bumper is a PITA LOL

I have a black bumber on my truck and it was chipped and rusting bad. I just got ity painted and the pait is chipping again. the guy who painted thought that I should have replaced the bumper but I left the truck with him well I was in Mexico. Any thoughts on how to keep the paint from chipping?

Your painter should have added a flex agent to the paint...that'll help...but not stop it. There's that "clear bra" overlay stuff...I can't think of who the mfgr is though.

There are many different clears.....some better and harder than others. If they use a good clear it will protect it better from chips.

Then of course....it's also possible when it was repainted it was just done single stage paint, no separate clear, etc..