got my new fass upgrade pump from massdiesel

1965LONEWOLF

lonewolf
i had scott @ massdisel install my new fass 150 up grade pump today , 50 - 60% less noise , big difference and its got a 6 year warrenty to boot , also straight piped my truck, no more cat or muffler , love the sound for now , :evil :evil

sellufishman said:
i had scott @ massdisel install my new fass 150 up grade pump today , 50 - 60% less noise , big difference and its got a 6 year warrenty to boot , also straight piped my truck, no more cat or muffler , love the sound for now , :evil :evil

Great! Glad to see that its working better for you!

very happy with it , 90% better over the old one for noise , if i ever wanted to step up to the filters could i add that to my pump ? i just have a 150 fass pump by itself ? let me know sir

sellufishman said:
very happy with it , 90% better over the old one for noise , if i ever wanted to step up to the filters could i add that to my pump ? i just have a 150 fass pump by itself ? let me know sir

UM....we dont really have an update for that. What i would suggest to you is to find someone to buy your HPFP. Then buy a FASS and only take what you need out of the kit to install the FASS. Then put the HPFP in the box with the extra line and harness and sell it to whom ever you found to buy it. From what i have see on the Forum Classifieds, they sell rather quick.

diesel dan , i got in my truck last night and turned the key on and you can hear the new pump when it comes on and it sounds the same as it did saturday when i put it on , alot less noise , but when you start it and drive it , it has a high pitched screaming sound , sounds like crap , shut the truck off and turn the key on and it sounds fine , start and dive the truck and it does the same thing , its got a high pitched screaming sound , what could it be sir ?

My guess is the pressure spring and ball that is controling pressure. Usally they dont make a sound (We get them on the stand once and a while..but we usally pull those pumps before they leave to fix the issue). I would bet that when you rev the engine (Or at WOT) the sound goes away....if you can hear it over the engine? HUM.......usally they tend to seat and shut up after a while (Spring brakes in). My suggestion (If you dont mind) is to let it go for a while and see if it goes away. If it doesnt, say in a few weeks, let me know and ill get you taken care of. You are not hurting the pump.

i will do that and between the both of us lets make sure scott @ massdiesel is aware if it too, i will let it go for a few weeks and report back, thanks

sellufishman said:
i will do that and between the both of us lets make sure scott @ massdiesel is aware if it too, i will let it go for a few weeks and report back, thanks

I will shoot him an e-mail..........