got new injectors!!!!!!!!!

99cuminz

so i bought new injectors and everything is great except when i am in 4 or 5 gear and get on it it starts bucking like it isnt getting enough fuel and when i kick my edge comp from level 5 to 1 it does it worse. any ideas what it might be. im thinking maybe my fuel filter is bad since it hasnt been changed for a bit.

the only thing i can think of is the fuel filter since it hasnt been changed for a while

haha well i have a new vp and stock lift pump but a have a 150gph raptor lift pump on the way as we speak

nope i got that raptor lift pump and my dad is getting me a new filter tomorrow from his boss i think the filter is plugged cuz with the comp on one it does it bad but if you put it on five it doesnt do it at all and it only does it in 4 and 5 when your getting on it real hard but holy sh** it runs way better. oh and i have a superchip programmer on it too and a new turbo in the works when i find one i want and the new vp from II.

Ditch the Superchip if you have a Comp, trust me.

agreed^^^, I hope you have some studs, or headwork! assuming you have the stock turbo, drive pressure is through the roof! watch out you will blow the head clear off that thing!

well im going to buy an adrenaline and sell the comp to a buddy. hope i figure out why its cutting out though.

got studs on the way along with a turbo after i get one found for a decent price thought about going with the dodgezilla turbo from city diesel

I would get somethin bigger than a 35/40 hybrid (dodgezilla) with that big of injectors!

hmm well i need one i know that!!! and i wont drive it hard until i get a new turbo anyway so im not worried about the head.

Just tryin to help u out! I would get somwthing along the lines of an s300 variant like a 64/71/14 from industrial or HTT! as for those injectors, they are quite large especially for a stock turbo, no headwork, stock clutch? with a wire tap box!

If you don't be careful you will have to spend a lot of money on stuff that doesn't necessarily have to be replaced! The VP will take a poop before you know it with that kind of fuel demand! egt's with too small turbo will a burn a piston real quick, drive press will cause extensive engine damage, not just to the head but the pistons, rods, bearing etc, etc!

yeah but it shouldnt hurt it as long as im takin easy until i get a turbo and studs

and yeah i know your trying to help and i appreciate it alot. i wonder if a turbo of a big cam 400 cummins would work good i have one laying in my shop?

what is it an ht3b? it will work in a twins setup, with the stocker! depending on what size housing it has!

so it will hurt it you think? wonder if the turbo of a big cam 400 cummins would be a good turbo i have one what do you think?