Ground Problem?

dustin_west06

line breaker
I have an 05 dodge. My odometer and park selector light stay on. Also I have a recon LED third brake light that stays on very dim when the truck is off and the key is out. The doors will unlock but ill not lock with the switch. Any ideas/ anyone had this problem before???

my led brake light never goes out either but it sits for a couple months at a time and still starts right up

my led brake light never goes out either but it sits for a couple months at a time and still starts right up

Yeah that isnt really bothering me. Im guessing what is draining the battery is the odometer and the park selector light. If i leave my truck sitting for more than two days I have to jump start it. Just wondering maybe a ground or something under the dash came loose or broke.....

Did you try disconnecting the batteries for a while? Not sure if the ecm controls those or if there is another controler for that. Did you hook up a scanner yet? Do you have any other programmers on it?

yes disconnecting the batteries does nothing. No other programmer just smarty. scanner shows nothing

3rd break light needs a resister.. i called up recon multiple times on it.. finaly they sent me out one no charge.. but otherwise they say you can buy it from them for like $7 i think. why would you have to buy it if its there break light messing up idk.. but that was the fix for mine.. but it never drained the battary before then with that so i dont think thats your problem

Hmm try taking your ecm harness ends off and cleaning them look for any obvious corrosion. there is power getting thru somewhere maybe even the fuse box?? Try the wiggle test first it's fast and easy! Have someone watch the lights and wiggle the harnesses everywhere!

something in the door switch maybe since the odometer pops on when you open the door? Ive got a truck here that also has the never ending glowing Recon 3rd brake light as well.

Thanks on the info for the resistor. After fishing through the mess of wires under my dash I may have found the problem. I had a Clifford remote start system on the truck and it stopped working. I just have to take off all the wires for it and attempt to wire it back to stock. Hopefully that is it.

last night i was driving to town, got to where i was going and adjusted my steering wheel. When i put it almost all the way to the top(after the truck was turned off) the odometer and park selector lights went off. :bang guess i fix it haha