GT3576d

tmorgan4

Anyone have specs on this turbo? I have never seen a Garrett turbo with a 'd' on the part number. Diesel specific possibly???

Many OEM fitment guides list this as one of the OEM turbos for a 7.8L Duramax but it's very difficult to find information on it.

I believe it's the same turbo listed in this thread:

http://www.theturboforums.com/threads/321604-Need-to-identify-turbo

That says 63mm compressor. Can anyone confirm???

The thread said 48mm. Not sure where you got 63 from. Garrett only lists the 76mm wheel with a 58mm inducer. Garrett does produce wheels with various trims, but I think generally they list the largest trims in their performance turbos. 63mm inducer is more of an 88mm wheel size.

The thread said 48mm. Not sure where you got 63 from. Garrett only lists the 76mm wheel with a 58mm inducer. Garrett does produce wheels with various trims, but I think generally they list the largest trims in their performance turbos. 63mm inducer is more of an 88mm wheel size.

The reply that mentioned 48mm was in response to someone suggesting it was an 04-05 Duramax (6.6) turbo. It was posted a few replies later that the inducer on this turbo is 63mm.

Im just trying to get as much info on this unit as i can... It comes off the 7800 Duramax engine that produces over 800 ft lbs. So is everyone agreeing that it wouldnt be worth putting on my car? Im not looking for huge gains but i got it for next to nothing and i feel like i should use it. The compressor wheel is 63mm

Going off Garretts naming convention it should be a 76mm exducer compressor which would equate to a 69 trim. That's a larger trim than they offer in any of the standard GT35 turbos which are all 56 trim. It may be what the "D" specifies in the part number.

I'm getting the impression that there is a lot of confusion on forums when people throw out a compressor size since some people refer to inducers and others exducers. I better update my other thread.

Last edited:
D = Dual wastegate ? Because S means single wastegate.

The turbo in that thread is a GT3788LVA, I would imagine the compressor on the turbocharger you describe is 58/76mm with a 62/68mm turbine.

D = Dual wastegate ? Because S means single wastegate.

I think you're right. I found a listing on eBay of what appears to be the actual GT3576d and it does in fact have dual wastegates. :clap:

The turbo in that thread is a GT3788LVA, I would imagine the compressor on the turbocharger you describe is 58/76mm with a 62/68mm turbine.

Appreciate it. I've heard plenty about the GT3788LVA lately and I'm little ashamed I didn't recognize it.