gt47 vs. s400 which makes more power?

I run a gt50 based charger. Made around 25 hooks this season with no failures

phone

street manners are not important to this discussion. at least not to me. Just wondering who has used one and how it compares to the s400 or gt47.

I thought I heard the gt50 turbine shaft was such that it for bore-less compressors. I have also heard that the boreless design is great for high cycles such as garbage trucks but bad for high performance apps. Opinions?

Or maybe I have bore-less and bore-through backwards as far as cycles and performance apps. either way I heard the gt50 is not the same design as normal gt turbos and not recommended for performance.

Im going with a gt50 primary on my compound setup that I'm currently revamping. I'm downsizing from a gt55 turbine and a smaller turbine housing every thing else is staying the same.

I imagine you are saying that it is fine for performance.

Are you also saying they are not designed differently as I heard, and the compressor wheels are all the same design in respect to how they are fastened to the turbine shaft?

Last edited:
Im going with a gt50 primary on my compound setup that I'm currently revamping. I'm downsizing from a gt55 turbine and a smaller turbine housing every thing else is staying the same.

Why the smaller primary? didn't work well on the street?

Also didn't the dirtymax crew try a gt55 as a single. I thought they were unable to make it work right?

Iirc they were trying to run the GT5541 with the 106mm compressor, having done some testing of our own with a single 106mm compressor on an F-trim turbine, I can see why they would have issues. Unless you can turn some serious rpm well beyond what we have injection rate for, you just chase the surge line of that compressor.

Iirc they were trying to run the GT5541 with the 106mm compressor, having done some testing of our own with a single 106mm compressor on an F-trim turbine, I can see why they would have issues. Unless you can turn some serious rpm well beyond what we have injection rate for, you just chase the surge line of that compressor.

That makes sence. The map of that turbo shows it likes the lower PR's so i can see it having issues as a single in a diesel application.