gutted afc?

fummins97

I recently bought a p-pump. Took the afc housing off and noticed the arm slides on the shaft without any resistance. There is nothing more then the shaft it slides on in there and there was no fuel plate at all. Person I bought it from said it was being built for a pulling truck, I got it very cheap so I'm not surprised if its not complete but I was just wondering if this is what is meant when people talk about gutting the afc housing? Everything inside the pump looks normal otherwise. I plan on sending it to Seth for some tuning but if its missing parts I'd like to find them in a junk yard rather then buy brand new since every part in there is $1 million. Anyone have pics of what a gutted housing looks like??

When gutted, you remove the AFC foot. it sounds like your guy removed the spring.

You are lucky. That is an easy fix. Especially if the diaphragm is still there also. Like Mudn_1 said, most guys "gut" them by taking the arm out which isn't as cheap of a fix as a spring.

There are quite a few afc parts on fleabay if you have enough time to look. Just type general stuff like "bosch pump part" and you can find all sorts of stuff. All new parts and cheap.

What are the used afc housings going for these days???

I have no idea, like I said before, I've bought complete pumps for under 400 working condition. If your afc is complete take off, I would be interested.

There are quite a few afc parts on fleabay if you have enough time to look. Just type general stuff like "bosch pump part" and you can find all sorts of stuff. All new parts and cheap.
thanks for the info!

Take it apart and take a picture so we can see exactly what parts you have. I have a few misc afc parts laying around I might be able to help you with.

here's a few photos

Attachments

• IMG_3660.jpg
    IMG_3660.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3661.JPG
    IMG_3661.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3663.JPG
    IMG_3663.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 0
Looks like the only thing that's left is the foot and the shaft it slides on.

sorry Jim, I never got any further on the pump. having horrible problems with my pcs and truck is sitting while I go back through everything. Still would like to *****slap destroked for false advertising on the tech support. When and if I get the trans figured out, I will probably just send it to Seth and have him redo everything with some fun parts.