Guys running the 9.25 on their half tons

91shelbydaytona

How are they holding up? Anyone added yukon or moser axles and aftermarket carriers? I really want to keep my 5 lug setup instead of swapping to a dana 80. Maybe i will have to look into a modded dana 60?

They don't last long with sticky tires. We kept breaking the yokes and finally the diff. 9" is going in now.

Tobin

They don't last long with sticky tires. We kept breaking the yokes and finally the diff. 9" is going in now.

Tobin

I assume you're talking about Jimmy's truck? Is a 9inch the same lug pattern?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

How are they holding up? Anyone added yukon or moser axles and aftermarket carriers? I really want to keep my 5 lug setup instead of swapping to a dana 80. Maybe i will have to look into a modded dana 60?

I built a 5lug dana 70 for my dakota.

I ran the 9.25 the whole time with a Yukon Limited Slip unit. Seemed to work, but never trusted it with sticky tires.

We blew the carrier apart in one with just street tires on it, 600hp, put a Detroit locker in it with new gears and it's still going, 750hp, but I wouldn't run one with anything to sticky

Hooker-you can get a 9" in any bolt pattern you want they are like the small block Chevy of axles.

So the 5 lug conversion on the 70 would be very similar to an 80 i would assume. A friend of mine has a dana 80 that i could get ahold of. Basically it requires the tube ends with bearings, custom axleshafts and whatever brakes a guy wants to run?

after doing more research...I can sell my wheels and upgrade the front end to 8 lug cheaper than it would be to do all this. Something to consider.

Ford trucks came with the same five on five and a half pattern. Just swap a older 1/2 ton nine inch in it. That is what I am doing with mine.

after doing more research...I can sell my wheels and upgrade the front end to 8 lug cheaper than it would be to do all this. Something to consider.

Yeah thats true. When you put the 8 lug bearings in the front you also have to switch the brakes i believe. I like my 5 lug wheels and I want to be able to run a 15" rim in the rear for slicks so I will most likely try and keep 5 lug

I assume you're talking about Jimmy's truck? Is a 9inch the same lug pattern?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yes, and 9" axles come in just about any lug pattern you want.

Tobin